• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January transfer window

I imagine that the club won't be happy about CP doing these articles again. I recall Ron on another occasion getting annoyed and saying that the "Echo isn't in charge of transfer policy".

I myself am not so sure, I kind of get where Uncle Ron is coming from a bit. Does articles like this undermine MM & the club a bit? "10 strikers blues could sign" "Chris Phillips catches up with Nile Ranger.." "Blues in desperate need of striking reinforcements"

Other clubs are clearly reading these. Players have been knocking us back in their droves.

Not entirely sure of where I am going but it just feels desperate and disrespectful to MM.

Boreham wood lad I’d go for, we will have to pay a fee but his got what it takes to play in the football league and will be a good investment for the club.

I imagine that the club won't be happy about CP doing these articles again. I recall Ron on another occasion getting annoyed and saying that the "Echo isn't in charge of transfer policy".

I myself am not so sure, I kind of get where Uncle Ron is coming from a bit. Does articles like this undermine MM & the club a bit? "10 strikers blues could sign" "Chris Phillips catches up with Nile Ranger.." "Blues in desperate need of striking reinforcements"

Other clubs are clearly reading these. Players have been knocking us back in their droves.

Not entirely sure of where I am going but it just feels desperate and disrespectful to MM.

I agree, almost paints the picture that they're are plenty of strikers out there that are willing and able to join, its just MM being terrible at recruitment or Ron not spending any money which is the reason we haven't signed any of them.

In reality, its likely half these players would turn us down, the others we might need a bit of cash for, and others we might already be in for, but because its not public info many think we're doing nothing.

I didn't think I'd say this but if it was between a powerful forward that could bully a defender and nothing i.e Nile Ranger or nothing... It'd have to be Nile Ranger...

Reactions: TJC
Heres a fact if if we had never signed Nile and i am talking about after he actually signed that contract. We would never be anywhere near 92nd.

Not sure why some of you are desperate to see him finish what he started.

I would rather we land the one we are after and so will you.

Heres a fact if if we had never signed Nile and i am talking about after he actually signed that contract. We would never be anywhere near 92nd.

Not sure why some of you are desperate to see him finish what he started.

I would rather we land the one we are after and so will you.

Nile will redeem himself and Southend United in one swoop. History will have been restored. An end to all wars and conflicts.

Self-inflicted.
What's Chris supposed to do he's a reporter

Don’t be so sure, boreham are punching well above there weight in the national league and even 30 k is a lot of money to that club, nothing wrong with a cheeky bid:Smile:
I think they got more than 100k for Sorba Thomas, possibly closer to 200k.

Don’t be so sure, boreham are punching well above there weight in the national league and even 30 k is a lot of money to that club, nothing wrong with a cheeky bid:Smile:

They will certainly know that next season when the SUFC juggernaut rolls into their tinpot town.

Neither do I particularly tbh. But if signing him meant avoiding non league then I'd offer him a 5 year deal.

Getting out of non league is not easy. Ask the likes of Stockport, Wrexham, Chesterfield etc.

Nile has enough talent to hit 20+ in league 2.

Class act on the field but just the worst character off of it.

He doesn't have the talent to score 20+ in League Two.

Boreham wood lad I’d go for, we will have to pay a fee but his got what it takes to play in the football league and will be a good investment for the club.
We thought that about Goodship, look how that turned out. Not really interested in the long shot league, we don't have time to develop and nurture a potential talent, we need a proven goalscorer to get us out o this urgent mess.

Back