• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January transfer window

I love it when the the name Ranger inevitably appears on these threads.

"As long as he stays fit"...What Nile and some people forget is that you need to get fit, to stay fit. Nile is not capable of either.

Lots of old people need injections at the moment but You wouldn't ask Harold Shipman back to the surgery.

I love it when the the name Ranger inevitably appears on these threads.

"As long as he stays fit"...What Nile and some people forget is that you need to get fit, to stay fit. Nile is not capable of either.

Lots of old people need injections at the moment but You wouldn't ask Harold Shipman back to the surgery.
Good point but the longer we go without making moves in the transfer market, the worse our options are getting. Time is ticking and we need a target man

We need a striker or two to get us out of this mess now. Can't say that any experience (or even unexperienced) strikers would want to come here for a 2/3 year contract with the impending trap door starting to open. They would be then in the national league for the remainder of their contract.

Also can't see Ron signing anyone and then adding a release clause relegation clause into the contract.

We are left rummaging in the bargain bucket of players no-one really wants, or given the scraps from other clubs for some loan experience.

Yeah there are some out of contract strikers out there (Ranger, Poleon) and those whose clubs want them out the door (Robinson) but have they kept themselves fit after being without a club etc

If they were any good they would be at a club, and if they are not any good they are / will probably be with us on a contract until the end of the season

We need a striker or two to get us out of this mess now. Can't say that any experience (or even unexperienced) strikers would want to come here for a 2/3 year contract with the impending trap door starting to open. They would be then in the national league for the remainder of their contract.

Also can't see Ron signing anyone and then adding a release clause relegation clause into the contract.

We are left rummaging in the bargain bucket of players no-one really wants, or given the scraps from other clubs for some loan experience.

Yeah there are some out of contract strikers out there (Ranger, Poleon) and those whose clubs want them out the door (Robinson) but have they kept themselves fit after being without a club etc

If they were any good they would be at a club, and if they are not any good they are / will probably be with us on a contract until the end of the season
All true unless you are prepared to pay (agent player club). Over the odds too. Maybe we would rather play in the NL.
Theo is a better option in terms of goals than any other player at the club- which just amplifies yet again where we are at.
You could stick Holmes in as a number 10 and he would score more than anyone else we have

Bring Green back for some pace

And bring in someone like Ollie Palmer on loan

If it was me, I'd have signed Nile Ranger by now ... I don't give a **** about his past misdemeanours he's a nightmare to defend against

Sad but true.

Actually not a bad list. One or two there you could make happen if you are prepared to waive a few ££

Decent list. Wouldn’t mind us looking at Alex Wall from Concord either.

Timmy Abraham (Tammy’s younger brother) has gone back to Fulham from his loan at Plymouth. Could be a decent loan. 6ft 1 and good bit of pace on him.

I don'tvthonk he's officially attached though. Not that I care. Don't want him near our club.

Neither do I particularly tbh. But if signing him meant avoiding non league then I'd offer him a 5 year deal.

Getting out of non league is not easy. Ask the likes of Stockport, Wrexham, Chesterfield etc.

Nile has enough talent to hit 20+ in league 2.

Class act on the field but just the worst character off of it.

Reactions: TJC
Back