• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January transfer window

tommytwoholes

I personally think that we need a defender and a striker in transfer window. Both the goat and lawson are not the type of player who can start games week in week out. Thats not to say that have a big part to play. I think we need cover and more importantly competition for che wilson. Again thats not a dig at him but its inevitable that in the course of the season he will get sent off or injured and we have nothing as cover. Personally i would love us to sign Junior Agogo in the transfer window. The guy would be quality upfront with Eastwood and with give defenders nightmares. Not sure if tilly wants another striker now though. But i feel that both are capable of playing in the championship whereas the goat may be too old and lawson too inexperienced. Gray i think would struggle in the championship.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Oct. 24 2005,14:25)]I personally think that we need a defender and a striker in transfer window. Both the goat and lawson are not the type of player who can start games week in week out. Thats not to say that have a big part to play. I think we need cover and more importantly competition for che wilson. Again thats not a dig at him but its inevitable that in the course of the season he will get sent off or injured and we have nothing as cover. Personally i would love us to sign Junior Agogo in the transfer window. The guy would be quality upfront with Eastwood and with give defenders nightmares. Not sure if tilly wants another striker now though. But i feel that both are capable of playing in the championship whereas the goat may be too old and lawson too inexperienced. Gray i think would struggle in the championship.
I agree with you fully about the left back, we do need another one (it has been suggested Barrett could fill in) but as for the striker, of course it would be nice to get Agogo, but I cant see it happening. Lawson has been a bonus, but was playing out of position saturday, probably due to Cole being injured, upfront with Goater he's been a revelation one thats kept Freddy out of the side. As for the question that Gray would struggle in the championship a) we havent got there yet, thats a long way off and b) people said the same thing about him in League one and he's raised his game so far.

I don't think we will see another striker arrive in January, unless one leaves.
Cover at left back is vital, Wilson has not got injured yet, and fortunately for us rarely finds himself in trouble with referees.

We have more quality forwards now than Ive known in 30 years of watching the blues. We don't need anymore forwards. Maybe another defender as back up would be good.

Another vote for Agogo & a left back from me.

We're still interested in Agogo for the future, what with his contract situation, but as I've said before, he's on astronomical wages there, which is the stumbling block. Oh and from what I know, Goater is on much, much less than what people might think, so the budget hasn't been blown on him.

definately Agogo or some other PROVEN goalscorer and full back for me. We cannot rely on Goater being fit every week and Lawson rarely lasts 90 mins. That leaves Eastwood and Gray and we need to be able to mix it up a bit. If we want to keep up our great start, we need another forward option.

We only need players that are better than what we have . Agogo would be better than lawson gray and ageing goater. He would make a great strikeforce with Eastwood both are skillfull / intelligent/ and more inportantly score goals

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Oct. 24 2005,14:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Oct. 24 2005,14:25)]I personally think that we need a defender and a striker in transfer window. Both the goat and lawson are not the type of player who can start games week in week out. Thats not to say that have a big part to play. I think we need cover and more importantly competition for che wilson. Again thats not a dig at him but its inevitable that in the course of the season he will get sent off or injured and we have nothing as cover. Personally i would love us to sign Junior Agogo in the transfer window. The guy would be quality upfront with Eastwood and with give defenders nightmares. Not sure if tilly wants another striker now though. But i feel that both are capable of playing in the championship whereas the goat may be too old and lawson too inexperienced. Gray i think would struggle in the championship.
I agree with you fully about the left back, we do need another one (it has been suggested Barrett could fill in) but as for the striker, of course it would be nice to get Agogo, but I cant see it happening. Lawson has been a bonus, but was playing out of position saturday, probably due to Cole being injured, upfront with Goater he's been a revelation one thats kept Freddy out of the side. As for the question that Gray would struggle in the championship a) we havent got there yet, thats a long way off and b) people said the same thing about him in League one and he's raised his game so far.
cole wasn;t injured he was at the hospital as his wife was in labour, they had a little girl not long before kickoff

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bluesmum @ Oct. 24 2005,16:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Oct. 24 2005,14:41)]
[b said:
cole wasn;t injured he was at the hospital as his wife was in labour, they had a little girl not long before kickoff
She's just his partner - he can still escape.

I think cover for Flav's is needed. Another Left sided player would also be cool.

I still believe we need another striker. An out and out target man. If Goater does not play we are without a player that can nod down, hold up and lay off. Eastwood is a predator and gray a bustler. Both good players but not necessarily at their best together. I think Tilly will probably make do without another defender. Wise or not he has the bodies to juggle about and with purse strings in mind I feel that will be the option he takes. I for one would like a creative midfielder, someone in the mould of Maher. Bentley is a workhorse. JCR, Cole and Gower are best suited out wide. Gutteridge is able but maybe a second fiddle rather than the conductor. That leaves Jay Smith. Not yet given the opportunity to stake a claim and in my opinion would always be at his best just behind the front two as an attacking midfielder.
rock.gif

Come January, if we are still in serious contention for a promotion shot, I would definitely look at getting a quality striker for the Championship.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GoochDogHighFives @ Oct. 24 2005,18:54)]I reckon you lot could get that Scott Sinclair on loan from Bristol Rovers
Is he the one Chelsea are after?

top priority - left back. No question - che has done well this season but we still need cover there.

extra could include - a striker of proven quality - Goater can't play week in week out, Lawson is still learning the game and that just leaves Freddy (who has so much transfer speculation recently are we really sure he is staying?) and Gray who has seemed to of hit a tiny rut at the moment IMO. So someone like agogo or holt would do nicely. Either of them two could prove the cataylst for the final push for promotion.

ooo - and a new stadium.

Back