• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeff King

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ April 10 2006,11:07)]hmmm....Lee Boylan anyone ??
I may be completely wrong, but I think he is one of those players that had to retire from professional football due to injury, and took the insurance pay out, and, therefore, will not be able to sign for a professional football club. Neil Tolson and Mike Marsh were to similar examples, as is Tony Roberts the Dagenham and Redbridge goalkeeper.

As I say I may have got this completely wrong with Boylan.
rock.gif

Shame to see this sort of thing happening again (Hornchurch anyone?) but the only silver lining to this cloud, is that the Supporters Trust will be taking over the running of the club and CIFC will be continuing to function.

I'm sure that our Shrimpers Trust would be able to do the same if this happened to us, and goes to show that fans united together can keep their club going.

I wish them well.

Dont think that is the case with Boylan. Not sure he is Championship standard though, but might be worth signing and then selling on!

Such a pity to see them go under. I can remember a few years ago, Canvey fans coming on here giving it the biggun' when we were 91st in the football league. Look where we are now ... and look where they are!! Hahahaha!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ April 10 2006,11:10)]
[b said:
I may be completely wrong, but I think he is one of those players that had to retire from professional football due to injury, and took the insurance pay out, and, therefore, will not be able to sign for a professional football club. Neil Tolson and Mike Marsh were to similar examples, as is Tony Roberts the Dagenham and Redbridge goalkeeper.

rock.gif
from the bbc:

Canvey agree to let Boylan leave

Canvey Island striker Lee Boylan has had a transfer requested accepted by the Conference club.

"Lee said he wants to play in the Football League and I understand that," Canvey boss Jeff King told BBC Sport.

Boylan has scored over 170 goals for Canvey since joining the club in 2001 and has netted 10 times this season, despite lengthy spells out with injury.

The 27-year-old, who started his career at West Ham, is under contract for next season so is likely to command a fee

The story doing the non league rounds is that Canvey will merge with Chelmsford and play at melbourne , Canvey's contribution will be the conference place and some of the playing staff, I think the rest will come from Chelmsford (I would expect the canvey part of any name will be dropped fairly quickly as few go as far as park lane let alone Chelmsford)
The Canvey Supporters club will then do an "AFC Canvey" affair , I think Park line has a similar covenant to Roots Hall so I would guess they will stay there....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ April 10 2006,13:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ April 10 2006,11:10)]
[b said:

rock.gif
from the bbc:

Canvey Island striker Lee Boylan has had a transfer requested accepted by the Conference club.

"Lee said he wants to play in the Football League and I understand that," Canvey boss Jeff King told BBC Sport.

Boylan has scored over 170 goals for Canvey since joining the club in 2001 and has netted 10 times this season, despite lengthy spells out with injury.

The 27-year-old, who started his career at West Ham, is under contract for next season so is likely to command a fee
Thanks for that, must be another Canvey player, Minton?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ April 10 2006,14:01)]The story doing the non league rounds is that Canvey will merge with Chelmsford and play at melbourne , Canvey's contribution will be the conference place and some of the playing staff, I think the rest will come from Chelmsford (I would expect the canvey part of any name will be dropped fairly quickly as few go as far as park lane let alone Chelmsford)
The Canvey Supporters club will then do an "AFC Canvey" affair , I think Park line has a similar covenant to Roots Hall so I would guess they will stay there....
Fact of footballing life nowadays...

At least there will still be a club at Park Lane.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ April 10 2006,14:01)]The story doing the non league rounds is that Canvey will merge with Chelmsford and play at melbourne , Canvey's contribution will be the conference place and some of the playing staff, I think the rest will come from Chelmsford (I would expect the canvey part of any name will be dropped fairly quickly as few go as far as park lane let alone Chelmsford)
When these non-league mergers occur, I think they should take the league place of the lower ranked club, in this case Chelmsford and play in the Ryman Prem. It's just an excuse for Chelmsford (and I live about a half-mile from the ground) to leap-frog their way up thenon-league pyramid - it's a disgrace.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ April 10 2006,13:30)]from the bbc:

Wonder if Tilly will go in for him? Didn't Tilly get on King's nerves before by tapping him up?

I think that Boylan has had one injury too many. He also not the quickest, I think there will be better pickings for us on free's from Prem or Championship clubs come summer.

If we still in League 2 this season, I would have gone for Boylan, but the fact we are closer to Championship, we should be looking at like of N. Shipperley (Sheff. U will let him go in summer on a free, come close to joining Brighton on March but turn them down as he feel they are a step down).

The likes of Shipperly will want too much money, Bear in mind that the wages will be dictated by our turnover from our last published accounts, which by August will be the 2004-2005 accounts. Even if our turnover went up by a million from the 2003-2004 that would only allow us to increase our wage bill by 11,500 a week.
By the time we have given out our new contacts that 'aint going to leave a great deal of room for many 3.5k PW players.....and I don't reckon our turnover went up that much !!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ April 10 2006,14:05)]Thanks for that, must be another Canvey player, Minton?
rock.gif
Pretty sure Minton did it. Good shout.

With regards to the turnover thing, I expect the LDV trip may unfairly reflect our typical turnovre but given that we've got promoted twice since then, perhaps it under-reflects it. Either way, the budget will be more than we were allowed for this season presumably and I reckon RM has a pretty good handle on it anyhow.

Back