• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jehovah's Witnesses

Only 144,000 people will go to Heaven according to them. There are apparently 8.2 million of 'em (alive).

Is there a Battle Royale on judgement day? :stunned:

Someone made that figure up from Revelation 14:1-4. Funny because I would have invented a 141,400 figure based on that.
The other thing is that they have made it a win win for believers. Either you're really blessed and good and that exactly 144,000 faithful Christians go to heaven to rule with Christ in the kingdom of God (Can't be many seats left). Or, you have eternal life on earth, yeah right!
All these religions always promise what people want but can't have, to get them on board and for the religion to spread. Eternal life, to carry on living in a wonderful heaven, or 72 virgins, etc etc.

Someone made that figure up from Revelation 14:1-4. Funny because I would have invented a 141,400 figure based on that.
The other thing is that they have made it a win win for believers. Either you're really blessed and good and that exactly 144,000 faithful Christians go to heaven to rule with Christ in the kingdom of God (Can't be many seats left). Or, you have eternal life on earth, yeah right!
All these religions always promise what people want but can't have, to get them on board and for the religion to spread. Eternal life, to carry on living in a wonderful heaven, or 72 virgins, etc etc.

Can't be many JW's in Colchester then.

The JW temple in Westcliff causes me parking grief when they are in session and I am visiting my in laws.

Surely their views are no less barking than any other religion? Do they mutilate their children's genitals? It just depends what you grow up with and what your "norms" are.

So its a bit like mrsblue promising that 4-4-2 will produce untold goals, entertainment and an L2 title

Ive had Jehovah's witnesses knock on my door in the past few weeks. Always puzzles me how such young people can be so devoted to something. Do they think by knocking on my door Im going to change my religious beliefs? (not that I have any).

Plenty out and about on Oxford Street today*. Surprisingly, I saw one of them talking to someone and with this thread in mind, I did try to eavesdrop a bit.

The JW was banging on about Satan - her belief in him was something to behold really. Quite, quite mad but I had to admire her commitment.

*They have made a conscious decision to do more of this than doorstepping as it gives them a chance to be ignored by speak to many more people

Plenty out and about on Oxford Street today*. Surprisingly, I saw one of them talking to someone and with this thread in mind, I did try to eavesdrop a bit.

The JW was banging on about Satan - her belief in him was something to behold really. Quite, quite mad but I had to admire her commitment.

*They have made a conscious decision to do more of this than doorstepping as it gives them a chance to be ignored by speak to many more people

Great to have some primary research in this thread.

Bravo!

Ive had Jehovah's witnesses knock on my door in the past few weeks. Always puzzles me how such young people can be so devoted to something. Do they think by knocking on my door Im going to change my religious beliefs? (not that I have any).

Just like young fans devoted to Southend

I don't have much time for Joe Club. I believe that at 16 years of age, the children have to accept the faith, if they don't, the family cast them out (the devout ones that is, there are many less 'full on' believers). I know of one young lad who had to be taken in by a friend's family because he would not conform. Not very Christian.

The kids at school are always fascinated by JW. I then start to bore them with biblical mistranslation of YHWH.

Always felt sorry for the young kids who have to sit out of all the Christmas stuff at school. Having always been religious, I've debated with JWs and Mormons in my home at various times and enjoyed the discussion. It is useful having a regular JW visit because at least when the others knock I just say that this other lady comes to see me regularly and so, off they go and I haven't had to be rude, tell porkies or anything.

Back