• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jimmy Corbett

Dreams

Coach
Just watched the goals from the first game of the season against Cheltenham. It reminded me of how good Jimmy Corbett is really! I really hope Tilly gives him another contract, as I believe he could cause some serious damage next season if he remains fit! I wouldn't mind seeig him on the right with gower on the left! He can really run with the ball and has quite a bit of skill!

Better upfront IMO but still needs a new contract though ...

Kev

cool.gif

I hope he stays too... his best position is up front partnering anyone. He knows where the goal is and is the only Blues player with a 100% penalty record..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 21 2004,13:21)]...why is he still on the bench? he didn't look best pleased last night, and come to that why isn't husbands given a run out\?
Who would you have dropped?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ April 21 2004,13:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 21 2004,13:21)]...why is he still on the bench? he didn't look best pleased last night, and come to that why isn't husbands given a run out\?
No-one, but why bring Dudfield off and Jenks on, pushing Gower up front when there were 2 forwards on the bench?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 21 2004,13:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ April 21 2004,13:21)]
[b said:
No-one, but why bring Dudfield off and Jenks on, pushing Gower up front when there were 2 forwards on the bench?
Fair point.

I haven't seen either in the reserves, but perhaps they were subs simply because they were the only ones available. Maybe their performances have been average in the stiffs... both have had bad injuries and possibly a 75% fit Gower is more threatening than either at the moment.

Interesting post match comment from Tilly - he referred to the only 3 fit available forwards being Leon, Dudfield and Husbands. that means he thinks Corbett is a midfielder... and I think he may be well down the pecking order there.

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>I was absolutely amazed when Jenks came on for Dudfield - I could understand it not being Corbett, as they are fairly similar players, but Husbands&#39; pace could have got us a winner last night.

That said, I&#39;m glad Tilly&#39;s sticking for the best side, and not starting to put out a side for the window shoppers.</span>

Back