• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John Akinde - Ebbsfleet

simac21

Coach
just had an email for myfootballclub thing as i subscribed for a year lol what a waste of money! this is the email - could we be the league club?

On Wednesday 27 August a League club made an offer in excess of £140,000 for striker John Akinde. Ebbsfleet United could also recieve further payments depending on performance plus a significant percentage of the sell-on should the player be transferred to another club

Fuller details of the deal - and the reasons why Liam Daish, the CEO and the Chairman believe that this offer is in the best interests of the football club as well as the player - will be disclosed if the transfer proceeds. (This is to protect Ebbsfleet United’s future negotiating position should the deal falter.)

Over the next 48 hours, Liam Daish, the CEO and Chairman are seeking the opinion of the club’s owners, the MyFootballClub members.

Would love it to be us...but I fear that Peterborough will be the club in question. Barry Fry stated earlier this month, after the Posh had a bid rejected, that he would get his man before the deadline expired. Millwall were also interested.

makes u think it could be him and he could be the player we had on trail

Doubt they'd let him out on trial if he is worth that much - doesnt really have to prove himself if Posh and Millwall are also sniffing...

Doubt they'd let him out on trial if he is worth that much - doesnt really have to prove himself if Posh and Millwall are also sniffing...

Yes but Jeremey Clarkson and Richard Hammond might say the £160,000 Aston Martin they drove is amazing and would you buy it just cause they say its good?? No you take it for a test drive, and I think no matter what the price we would of still had him on trial if interested.

He is a product of there youth system and has a contract till the end of
the 2008/2009 season apart from peterbourough chelsea have also shown
an interest

he's a good player...good prospect, big strong and scores goals, creates chances....BUY HIM!

No way would we bid that much. Bound to be Posh, they sign up all the non league talent.

I agree we wouldn't bid that much... but it's not just Posh... we have snaffled quite a lot of non league players before. The trouble is that a non league player can rarely achieve the level of fitness needed to play in the higher leagues. Freddy is an exception.

We have had plenty of non league players that have never really fulfilled their potential. Barrington Belgrave, Tes Bramble and Scott Forbes are three players who never really developed to the level that was expected and their long term fitness was always suspect.

I'd worry about paying 6 figures for a non league player. I think the £5000 we paid for Scannell (who the jury is still out on fitness wise) represents much better value. If it doesn't work out then we won't have lost much.

Well I must say I wasn't aware of him before this thread so I can't really comment on him, however going by what people are saying he sounds good. Also he would fit the description for the player on trial.

Saw him on Sky last week - he came on as a sub for Ebbsfleet in their 2-0 win at Torquay. Only notable contribution was a left foot cross into the stand. Highly rated - didn't look much.

just seen that Peterbourgh have snapped up Dominic Green on a 4 year
deal for a undisclosed fee from Dagenham

Are you telling me you missed the FA trophy final?

Someone had to win

I watched the whole of that game and I can't say anyone impressed me that much. I vaguely remember him getting in to some decent positions but from memory he really spurned them. Probably physical enough for the league. Actually, thinking about it he might have set up the goal or at least a very good chance.

EDIT, just realised it actually says that in the article. I think the cross owed more to hesitant defending than accurate placement.

Sorry but how do you know this? Never heard of the lad myself.

cos i lived in northfleet before i moved to spain..100 yds away from the home ground

seen him on sentanta a few times recently, my friends still go and see them occaisionally...

Back