• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If we could sign them both I would forgive Ron everything (probably).

Crazy as it may sound but I believe that most of our squad would do well in League 1 , as they are ballers and not just kick bollocl and bite type of players . So yes I also feel that it relies solely on if we go up as to whether we can get him perm

Either one of him or Sokolik signing would be like if we has of pulled off the signing of Dervite a really class defender.

Would be delighted if we sign either too but that's a bit far. Devitte was a cut above in league 1. These guys haven't been tested at that level yet.

Would be delighted if we sign either too but that's a bit far. Devitte was a cut above in league 1. These guys haven't been tested at that level yet.

Watched him at Charlton again during the week, I'd say he's found his level in the Championship.

question is ,how do they both feel about Southend, how do they feel about the manager,do they get on well with the rest of the squad,if the answer to all thses is in the positive then i would think we have a very good chance of signing both if not one.They obviously get on well together ,both are getting first team football. Why go to another club ,new manager and players ,and have to start again.Would like to think if they are offered contracts here they would accept them.Our defence would be all but settled then.

I really think we need to go up to have any realisitic chance of signing Egan. You can bet teams already in Div 3 will be aware of his situation. We need to be able to offer Div 3 footie also otherwise I can't see us competing to sign him.

It just shows you how important promotion is.
Leaving Sunderland for a League 1 club that has just won at Wembley, is on a roll etc etc.
Or.
A League 2 club that missed out on promotion ..again.

Keep the faith!

Egan has more league games for us than he does for any other club. He has hardly played a game for anyone ever...With all due respects I cannot see a whole host of clubs clambering to sign him. There will be 50 "Egans" released this summer from the top two leagues alone.

Personally I love Egan and I pray we get him but I don't get all the hype that we have no chance of getting him unless we are a L1 side. We are as big as it gets this division give or take and he will get guaranteed football with a manager he knows.

I talk to players every and the biggest risk they have is not playing and dropping out the league unless they are the top prem players I deal with of course. There is very little point getting a one year deal at Chesterfield and not being guaranteed a start unless you are at the end of your career and desperate to grab a last deal.

Egan is not from England no he should I guess have no location issues, he has a chance to play week in week out and put himself in the shop window. Would really fancy our changes and Ben Fryer on Twitter seems to agree.

Last edited:
Dare we hope that Mr Brown (who has already mentioned opening talks with both parent clubs and the players) has done this deal, and will reveal it before the playoffs to give everyone a real boost?

Egan has more league games for us than he does for any other club. He has hardly played a game for anyone ever...With all due respects I cannot see a whole host of clubs clambering to sign him. There will be 50 "Egans" released this summer from the top two leagues alone.

Personally I love Egan and I pray we get him but I don't get all the hype that we have no chance of getting him unless we are a L2 side. We are as big as it gets this division give or take and he will get guaranteed football with a manager he knows.

I talk to players every and the biggest risk they have is not playing and dropping out the league unless they are the top prem players I deal with of course. There is very little point getting a one year deal at Chesterfield and not being guaranteed a start unless you are at the end of your career and desperate to glad a last deal.

Egan is not from England no he should I guess have no location issues, he has a chance to play week in week out and put himself in the shop window. Would really fancy our changes and Ben Fryer on Twitter seems to agree.

The Barry Corr link may help too. Barry could take him under his wing as a fellow Irishman. May help swing the deal

Personally I love Egan and I pray we get him but I don't get all the hype that we have no chance of getting him unless we are a L2 side. We are as big as it gets this division give or take and he will get guaranteed football with a manager he knows.

I talk to players every and the biggest risk they have is not playing and dropping out the league unless they are the top prem players I deal with of course. There is very little point getting a one year deal at Chesterfield and not being guaranteed a start unless you are at the end of your career and desperate to glad a last deal.

Jesus , that's one huge family tree !

Absolutely what he said (other than the bit about talking to players).

Loads of players get released each year and the standard of players being produced by the academies is much higher than it was 20 or even 10 years ago.

Jesus , that's one huge family tree !

That's Catholics for you.

According to 'Agent Jim' on Twitter (he's normally quite accurate) Chesterfield are looking at offering Egan a contract as well as us.

I dont hold out a lot of hope . Looking at brit last season it was hoped he would re join us .Then along came some flash harry with big bucks and he hasnt looked back . I hope im wron g but during the summer I can see it happening again .Unless we get up that is .

F*** Agent Jim and anyone else who claims they have inside knowledge on twitter. It's all bollox

F*** Agent Jim and anyone else who claims they have inside knowledge on twitter. It's all bollox

Anyone who thinks a real agent would create an account called Agent anything is very gullible.

Agent Jim is a nobody pretending to be an agent, last summer he said Arsenal had signed Caesar and Fellaini and got made to look an idiot.

Last transfer window he got nothing right and made no big announcements on the night and yet people still think he is genuine.

Ridiculous.

I dont hold out a lot of hope . Looking at brit last season it was hoped he would re join us .Then along came some flash harry with big bucks and he hasnt looked back . I hope im wron g but during the summer I can see it happening again .Unless we get up that is .

There was no chance of Britt coming back, but Egan is being released, so thats a big difference. Whether other clubs will be interested is the thing though, and he has done so well here its hard to see why they wouldnt be.

Back