• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Everyone touch wood but someone I know says that Egan has signed a 3 year contract with Southend and it will be publicised on Monday. He is a Southend youth coach and therefore is a very good source, however, he has been known to spout the brown stuff occasionally. I'm hoping to believe him on this one!

why wait untill monday if true Would have thought Brown would want to shout that kind of news from the rooftops .Also would have though Chris Philips would have known news like that . Somehow I think its more of the smelly brown stuff .

Everyone touch wood but someone I know says that Egan has signed a 3 year contract with Southend and it will be publicised on Monday. He is a Southend youth coach and therefore is a very good source, however, he has been known to spout the brown stuff occasionally. I'm hoping to believe him on this one!

Sorry but thats garbage.

If he signs acontract with us that means he is no longer a Sunderland player and no longer on loan to us so cant play again until the transfer window opens. Nor can you sign a pre-contract, I spoke to the Football League last season and they confirmed there is no such thing.

Even if it were possible as Tommy says they have no reason to wait to publicise it.

"Someone I know" rumours are the worst....

Article in The People today says Blackburn Rovers are after Egan...plenty of rumours flying around already, hard to know what to believe...one thing seems clear though, we need to go up to have any chance of getting Egan on a perm.

Even if he didn't sign for us our superb scout would find someone just as good anyway.

Plenty of fish in the sea.

P.S. I would like to keep him here too!

Back