• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News John Still becomes Head of Football at SUFC

It's a good addition for us as this guy has spent most of his time in the non league! He will know decent non league talent and advise kev! Problem is it's players we need and now!

Old school meets new school. Will be interesting to see how well he works with the coaching team.
Didn’t Maher play under him at Dagenham? I think maybe Benno too. Currie was his assistant at Barnet so I doubt they’ll have any problem working with him.

The one thing the team maybe lacked was experience and Still has this in bucketloads.

He’s obviously getting on a bit now but having him as a (part-time?) adviser, with his contacts and knowledge of the non-league scene and ability to spot a player seems ideal. It won’t do the club’s reputation any harm to have him associated with us either.

Very good appointment in my opinion. Knows this level inside and out and hopefully still has his ear to the ground with potential talent waiting to be picked up.

Although this does sound like what we was trying to avoid with regards to friends getting jobs etc

"I have known Kevin [Maher] and his family since he was about 10 and when he became head coach at Southend we got talking," said Still.

Back