• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John White

So, great weather, a crowd of around 1500, lots of old and new faces in the various two games and a good time had by all, especially John White.

The first game was Southend old chaps, some supporters (I'm told) and Jack Bridge against An Orient team with Matt Harrold still showing he has what it takes. And Orient ran out comfortable winners, 1-5 I think, but it didn't matter as everyone out there had fun in those in between moments when they weren't gasping for oxygen!

Just before the second game two Junior Blues presented JW with the ShrimperZone montage and very classy it looked. Hopefully decent photos will be available soon as mine turned out horrible.

Then the main event, for me anyway. Southend legends vs Colchester Legends. JW had a smile as wide as Adam Barratt's shoulders across his face more or less the whole game, mind you the crowd gave him some good natured stick when he swopped shirts and became a sheep for the last 20 minutes. Not that it mattered as the Ewes were put to the sword 3-1, I think.

A great sent off for a great servant to SUFC. Good luck for the future John whatever you do.

FTXz8hAXEAACvQO

FTXz8hMWAAQnjY7

FTXz8iMXoAE7WnT

FTXz8jIWQAIKDoU

JW was over the moon with the montage. He was really shocked albeit he nearly saw it first thing when I had to hide it in the tunnel office and told him to go away. I am not a fan of me personally presenting things so thanks to the Junior Blues who helped and to all of you Zoners who made it happen. Great meeting up and chatting with some of the old players. @Rylee Doe did a fantastic job organising it all and it was a great day. So pleased so many fans turned up and the sun was out!

Not to mention Michael Timlin lob of the Keeper from just inside the half way line and then a brace from Barry Corr. One a trademark flicked header from a Ben Coker corner and the other a scramble, turn and smashed in from the six yard box. Really good fun. Thank you JW
It certainly was a classy lob. And I hate to say this, but it crossed my mind that maybe Anthony Grant could still do a job for us next season, he looked incredibly fit and had some great touches and passes and wasn't afraid to stick his foot in. Not looking to start a debate, just offering an opinion of his performance today.

JW was over the moon with the montage. He was really shocked albeit he nearly saw it first thing when I had to hide it in the tunnel office and told him to go away. I am not a fan of me personally presenting things so thanks to the Junior Blues who helped and to all of you Zoners who made it happen. Great meeting up and chatting with some of the old players. @Rylee Doe did a fantastic job organising it all and it was a great day. So pleased so many fans turned up and the sun was out!
Amazing event and incredible montage. Was fortunate to get a glimpse in the car park when it arrived.

It certainly was a classy lob. And I hate to say this, but it crossed my mind that maybe Anthony Grant could still do a job for us next season, he looked incredibly fit and had some great touches and passes and wasn't afraid to stick his foot in. Not looking to start a debate, just offering an opinion of his performance today.
Grant was excellent but it was against retired players to be fair. He'll be back next season..... with Scunthorpe!

A good day out - great work Rylee, Mike and all involved, you should be really proud. And wow, Rylee's. the Trust's and SZ's presentations to JW all looked really great.

Lovely to meet up with so many, chat to a few existing SUEPA members, and secure six new SUEPA signings. Plus some top news for SUEPA after a chat with Tom - more on it all in the coming days.

Two of my regular JBs, Jake and Evan, were selected last minute.com to make the presentation to John on behalf of the Zone. I was under the impression two had already been asked and it was all sorted as I knew I wasn't going to be there!

Nice experience for them, here they are waiting, with @Cricko 's shorts and legs visible just behind Jake on the right, lol!

1653285162091.jpeg

Back