• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John White

54244A89-457E-4896-BEFF-CFBB1FD740A4.jpeg
Wow. I really don’t know what to say. I just want to thank every single person who came out yesterday and supported John and the Justin Edinburgh 3 Foundation. I know times are really tough financially for everyone at the moment so for 1,523 people to put their hands in their pocket and to be so generous just goes to show the kindness that still exists in this world. It’s been the honour of a life time to put the event on and I’m so glad so many people had a lovely time catching up with old friends and watching the ex pros do what they do best!

After 1,000 days of preparation, a global pandemic, and the toughest year of my life personally there are no words to describe the relief I felt sitting in an empty Roots Hall once everyone had gone home. Thanks so much to all the volunteers who helped put the event on; to the staff at SUFC for their help and guidance throughout as well as their help on the day and to every single player who came free of charge.

I know there are massive rivalries between the three clubs but yesterday showed the power of football and that so much more can be achieved off the pitch than on it. I’m honestly speechless at just how many people showed up and I hope that John and his family had a day they’ll remember for the rest of their lives.

It was a real pinch yourself moment being in the presence of so many players I’ve worshipped over the years and to see them all come together to support two brilliant causes is unbelievable.

The Essex Charity Cup started 7 years ago when I was 13 and I still can’t believe how it’s grown from 22 school friends. I’ve gained experiences and skills I’ll keep with me forever, and it’s been an absolute joy watching it grow from what it was to what it is.

Honestly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you ♥️

Just wanted to say a massive well done @Rylee Doe and Mike too for a fantastic effort in organising this - what a day!

John definitely got the send off he deserved and was overwhelmed with how many people turned out for him. The family loved it and I think it meant the world to them too. Great to support the Justin Edinburgh Foundation too, what a great day all round!

It was fantastic to see some many familiar faces and a big thanks for all the support whilst I played my sets out on the pitch! It was great to be back performing at the Hall for the first time since Covid, and as always it was an honour. As a lifelong fan I never got to get there as a player, so why not with the mic and guitar instead!! A special mention it has to be said for Brad on the sound, thank you mate - an absolute hero!

Good luck for the future John White, a true loyal servant for the club who always put his body on the line. Definitely deserves the title of Legend that's for sure!!

Hi lads. Does anyone know if Anthony Wordsworth played for the Colchester legends yesterday or was he just a guest? He was named to play originally. He plays for my club Waterford - quality, experienced leader - so just like to see. Thanks if you can help.

Hi lads. Does anyone know if Anthony Wordsworth played for the Colchester legends yesterday or was he just a guest? He was named to play originally. He plays for my club Waterford - quality, experienced leader - so just like to see. Thanks if you can help.
He was there but didn't play.

Thanks lads. No, I was presuming he didn’t play. Our season runs March - November and he’s been out injured for a month so I presumed he didn’t chance playing ? Should be back for us soon. I’ll throw a small donation into the Justin Edinburgh fund as a thank you for that.

Don’t mention the war!!! We were relegated because of it ? Bircham did an unbelievable job last year, almost kept us up from an impossible situation. Then three days before the relegation playoff, the owner sacked him petulantly after an argument. The headlines were about the owner demanding his son play but the bigger issue was with poisonous people with the club and especially the academy. Anyway, the team were shell shocked and were beaten 2-1 but that flattered us on the night. As usual it’s the fans that suffered. Bircham wasn’t perfect but he really did an excellent job and would make a great manager if he gets another chance.

Hi, he played for Colchester. They lost 3-1!
He was there but didn't play.
I think he only did the first 10-20 mins
The plot thickens ??
Well if he did, I missed it.
This lot feels like it did when he had one of his famous quiet games in a Southend shirt. Now you see him, now you don't! Obviously for JW's game he was wandering lonely as a cloud. Ok, milked it enough I think. Well played Anthony mate.:Winking:

It was a great day, very interesting & well organised despite the delays. John White deserved that, top bloke & a loyal servant.Great to see so many old faces turn out! Neil Harris is fat but ran around more than anyone! Awesome goal by Timlin from halfway line & BigBadBarry Corr looking fitter than ever & 2 nice finishes! Sadly i couldnt hear the team line ups as sound system was awful, i recognised all blues apart from 16 ( 2nd half sub) ... only Col Ewe i recognised were Wordsworth & Theo. ( anyone get the line ups?)... also i bought a shed load of raffle tickets but needed to leave just before the draw as was about 4.30.... are there any prizes unclaimed or did u need to be there to win?

It was a great day, very interesting & well organised despite the delays. John White deserved that, top bloke & a loyal servant.Great to see so many old faces turn out! Neil Harris is fat but ran around more than anyone! Awesome goal by Timlin from halfway line & BigBadBarry Corr looking fitter than ever & 2 nice finishes! Sadly i couldnt hear the team line ups as sound system was awful, i recognised all blues apart from 16 ( 2nd half sub) ... only Col Ewe i recognised were Wordsworth & Theo. ( anyone get the line ups?)... also i bought a shed load of raffle tickets but needed to leave just before the draw as was about 4.30.... are there any prizes unclaimed or did u need to be there to win?
I think 16 was Tom Lawrence, our CEO.

The really odd thing to me was why the hell they didn't open the club shop for a few hours. With 1500 people mingling about and lots of children with parents it would of seemed to me to be an ideal time to sell the new training kits etc.

Whoever manages the shop must of been asleep to miss such an opportunity.

The really odd thing to me was why the hell they didn't open the club shop for a few hours. With 1500 people mingling about and lots of children with parents it would of seemed to me to be an ideal time to sell the new training kits etc.

Whoever manages the shop must of been asleep to miss such an opportunity.
I very much doubt there was much in there in all honesty!

Southend not making the most of a good opportunity shocker.

As OBL says there is probably nothing in it anyway.

Back