• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Johnny Herd versus Chelsea

Tough one between Sankofa or Herd.

That tackled from Sankofa on Drogba early on was outstanding & Herd was brilliant all game, a difficult one to call.

I thought Mildenhall should be a candidate for Man of the match. He has a blinder, even though the idiots sitting next to me kept slagging him off whenever he touched the ball.

Johnny Herd was outstanding.

Jonny Herd for me put in a motm performance today, he was simply supurb today and I cannot fault him for anything today! motm for sure with mildenhall (who also had a blinder today) coming in a close second and clarke being third (another one who didnt give up today and he got the equalising goal as well!)

I think Herd and Mildy performed better than Clarke, but because of the goal his birthday and how Clarke changed the game, it must go to him

Maybe a blessing in disgiuse that hardiing can't come back as Herd needs to start playing for us as we are in mid table security and if there is one season where we can experiment then this is the year .

Thought he had a blinder today and not only did he defend like a lion , he was our best outlet at times and made Chelsea think with some great attacking play , well done the lad and please Tilly pick the same team for the next game .

Maybe a blessing in disgiuse that hardiing can't come back as Herd needs to start playing for us as we are in mid table security and if there is one season where we can experiment then this is the year .

Thought he had a blinder today and not only did he defend like a lion , he was our best outlet at times and made Chelsea think with some great attacking play , well done the lad and please Tilly pick the same team for the next game .

Will Macca be available ?

Herd wins MotM for me hands down for the simple reason it was his biggest game to date, and he could have easy shrivelled up and died out there (Che Wilson at the Millenium....) but instead shone like the star he is going to be, looking comfortable and classy. Looks like we have a new Chrissy Powell.

Someone get the legal bods on to the job of sorting him out a new and improved contract otherwise this lad is going to be snapped up for peanuts.

As good as he was yesterday I would still want to sign Harding and keep Herd back. I think we need to copy Arsene Wenger (whom I actually despise) and the way he has dealt with Theo Walcott. A player of Herd's age can't be expected to produce that kind of performance week in week out. All it will take is a few less than perfect performances and he'll have the crowd to contend with.

Carry on bringing him on slowly, and reap the long term benefits...

As good as he was yesterday I would still want to sign Harding and keep Herd back. I think we need to copy Arsene Wenger (whom I actually despise) and the way he has dealt with Theo Walcott. A player of Herd's age can't be expected to produce that kind of performance week in week out. All it will take is a few less than perfect performances and he'll have the crowd to contend with.

Carry on bringing him on slowly, and reap the long term benefits...

Not on his level of wages. Never 8,000 per week.

3K maximum and if no CC club comes in for him
at Ipswich his contract will be up at end of the
season and if he is then prepared to lower his
expectations he could be a good understudy to
Mons Herd !!!!!!

Not on his level of wages. Never 8,000 per week.

3K maximum and if no CC club comes in for him
at Ipswich his contract will be up at end of the
season and if he is then prepared to lower his
expectations he could be a good understudy to
Mons Herd !!!!!!

OK, maybe not him but certainly another left back...

I'm really pleased with the way Herd is improving. To go from looking out of his depth away at Telford to looking assured at Chelsea is some progress. The last couple of games he's played he hasn't looked out of place at all.

Signing a left-back is no longer the priority that it once was, and his development at the very least means that we can take our time during the transfer window and wait for prices to drop rather than rushing to buy in the first week. That will also give us more time to decide whether we need to buy at all.

He deserves a run in the side, considering yesterday was what his 5 first team game he couldn't have done any better!

herd was unbelievable yesterday, so good to see a youth player get around 3 chelsea players at one point. he was a huge reason we got a draw yesterday.

Back