• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jones or Prior?

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
what do you think, it looks like we need another batsman in there....

keep jones because he is a better keeper, but lose the strength an extra mainline batsman would give.....

or

make prior keep wicket and add another top order/middle order batsman to the team?

choice is yours.... an ongoing debate and dilemma for the england team that skysports have raised...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ April 02 2006,14:16)]what do you think, it looks like we need another batsman in there....

keep jones because he is a better keeper, but lose the strength an extra mainline batsman would give.....

or

make prior keep wicket and add another top order/middle order batsman to the team?

choice is yours.... an ongoing debate and dilemma for the england team that skysports have raised...
For the Test or One-Day side?

Keep Jones in....Prior flatters to get to 30's but never kicks on...not keen on all this pinch hitting / changing order stuff....Solanki at 7 for goodness sake..whats that about....if you are gonna play him, play him as a batter!

Would much rather a balanced side rather then bits and pieces, with 5 batters (inc Collingwood who can bowl), Flintoff as allrounder, Jones (or another) keeping wicket, and 4 bowlers (generally 3 seamers and a spinner, plus Flintoff and collingwood).

Id line up, injuries permitting, as:

Tres
Strauss
Vaughan
Pieterson
Flintoff
Collingwood
Jones
Blackwell (Giles)
AN OTHER seamer (Anderson, Plunkett or Hoggard...not Ali or Mahmood)
Simon Jones
Harmison.

Pretty solid look and close to the succeful test side. Bell to come in for Vaughan if Vaughan unfit

Jones gets my vote. I think with the 6th one dayer looming it would be great for England to get one win on the board. Been a tough tour and I think the players deserve a win.

Back