• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jordan pilot. It is time to end this madness.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
I have a strong stomach so I can watch these things but the uncut footage of this is thoroughly sickening. I tap into a few sites to try to get uncensored and non propaganda views of the world and thank the stars that I don't live in places like the middle East, Mexico or Brazil.

In my opinion this uncut footage should be shown in the living room of every household in the world to bring home the visual message of the barbarity in the world. Not that I would necessarily want children subjected to it. There seems to be no end to the level that ISIS will stoop to but at the same time no end of recruits. Get this **** out in the public domain. I would see it as a bigger threat than the Cold War or any conflict in living history.

I'm actually sick of governments funding one side or another when it suits them politically.

Interested in the debate.

ISIS are pure evil there is no doubt about that. How to deal with them effectively - I don't really have a clue. I would hope that government / intelligence service / military would know how to deal with them but it is not looking that way.

ISIS are pure evil there is no doubt about that. How to deal with them effectively - I don't really have a clue. I would hope that government / intelligence service / military would know how to deal with them but it is not looking that way.

Soldiers. Thousands of them from all decent peace loving countries and wipe them right out. However, this would then start the bleeding hearts off with another round of its an illegal war garbage.

Trouble is you will never defeat an ideology, however screwed and ****ed up it is, with the gun. All that would succeed in doing is spreading the threat thinner on the ground in places like Iraq, Jordan, Afghanistan etc but the threat posed by the fundamentalist Islamist here on our own doorstep would remain as great as ever and could quite possibly make it worse.

I don't have an answer but I'm not sure massive troop deployment is it.

So tell me why exactly you have included the beautiful Brazil in this list. Have you ever been? or is it your just frightened of embarrassing yourself on a football pitch.

Soldiers. Thousands of them from all decent peace loving countries and wipe them right out. However, this would then start the bleeding hearts off with another round of its an illegal war garbage.
Why be so self defeating with the bleeding hearts nonsense? Half of those who go on about illegal wars are just opportunists - you look at their other politics and far from bleeding hearts some are no heart at all.

Why be so self defeating with the bleeding hearts nonsense? Half of those who go on about illegal wars are just opportunists - you look at their other politics and far from bleeding hearts some are no heart at all.
OK forget bleeding hearts. The ISIS threat is real and getting worse. We go to war against them, wipe them off the face of the earth, then forums throughout the world will be swamped with posts from people like you and Barna saying it wasn't a fair war, they didn't have a chance and they came from poor backgrounds so its not really their fault.

What do you propose? Let them get on with their barbaric murder and then moan that nothing was done?

You seem to be forgetting that the present problems are themselves part of the aftermath of an illegal war in the first place.

And no I don't have an answer either, except I don't think boots on the ground (which is what IS clearly wants) will help either.

So tell me why exactly you have included the beautiful Brazil in this list. Have you ever been? or is it your just frightened of embarrassing yourself on a football pitch.

Mexico shouldn't be on that list either.

It's a wonderful country to visit (despite what happened to those poor students recently).

With his well thought out and balanced opinions im amazed 'steveo' is not head of the UN.

With his well thought out and balanced opinions im amazed 'steveo' is not head of the UN.

I see a lot of stuff on here from people who don't have another solution. So what do you want to do? Let them carry on and get stronger and stronger?

Good job we didn't take that view in the late 30's.

Define illegal Barna. What wars are Legal?

Too little too late.

The Iraq war didn't have UN backing.That made it illegal in my eyes, (and for millions of others too), at the time.

If there were to be any form of UN resolution in favour of military intervention in the present IS conflict, then I'd be happy to support it.Not otherwise.

steveo how many times have you toured/visited Iraq, Jordan or any middle eastern country

steveo how many times have you toured/visited Iraq, Jordan or any middle eastern country

None. No plans to either. Do you think if I pop over there ISIS might stop butchering people?

OK forget bleeding hearts. The ISIS threat is real and getting worse. We go to war against them, wipe them off the face of the earth, then forums throughout the world will be swamped with posts from people like you and Barna saying it wasn't a fair war, they didn't have a chance and they came from poor backgrounds so its not really their fault.

What do you propose? Let them get on with their barbaric murder and then moan that nothing was done?
Thanks for putting words in my mouth but I'm capable of speaking for myself.

I have never refered to an illegal war, I have never used the insult Bliar, I have never been a pacifist.
I am an internationalist, I think ISIS and the Taliban should face international forces that protect the people of regions that face slaughter from dictatorships and religious or racist fanatics, I'm all for a strengthened UN protecting the basic human rights that millions don't enjoy.

It waters down what you are saying if you make a reasoned statement and then start criticising people for disagreeing with you before they have had a chance to decide for themselves if they want to disagree with you.

I think ISIS and the Taliban should face international forces that protect the people of regions that face slaughter from dictatorships and religious or racist fanatics,

So you agree we should go in mob handed and smash them then? That's great.

I see a lot of stuff on here from people who don't have another solution. So what do you want to do? Let them carry on and get stronger and stronger?

Good job we didn't take that view in the late 30's.

Defeating a country like Germany is different to defeating an ideology based on an ancient religion. The Nazis had an ideology, but it was their own and once we destroyed them the war ended.

We fought the taliban for decade, as many have before. They are still there.

We could attack ISIS with tanks and soldiers and give them a good kicking, but you will never kill the root cause of it and in 10 years time we will still be sitting here with the same issues.

Its a never ending circle, and just because there is no simple solution doesn't mean the simplest response is the right one.

I personally think we do need to take more direct action and would like seeing them take a pasting, but that wont end anything and will just encourage more and more extremism in the long run.

We could go over and kill 500,000 of them in the middle east, but it only takes a handful of extremists in Paris or London to create mayhem. Spanking ISIS won't stop that, it will encourage more of it.

Back