• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jordan pilot. It is time to end this madness.

And thats the problem, you have people like Steveo who think sending in the army ends things .
It wont end it but it might slow them down a bit.

Alternatively you have people like a few who have posted on here who think doing nothing is the best option because they can't think of anything else.

I think the only way to really root out extremism is for it to be fought by its own people. ISIS etc are fuelled by oppression and fear. We need to continue to support those people who are oppressed and allow them to lead the fight. We need to continue to support schools and universities in these countries, and offer protection and safe refuge to people who want to leave.

Bombing the **** out of them is exactly what they want. They want to die by our hands and it fuels more extremism. It's never worked before, so maybe we should stop?

Ok, here's my partial solutions.

1. If you are known by the security services as member of a terrorist organisation (insert group name here) you get arrested and detained indefinitely. Human rights be damned.

2. If you go abroad to train in and/or join a terrorist organisation you get arrested and detained indefinitely upon your return to the UK. None of this taking away a passport bollocks.

3. Quadruple the amount of special forces on the ground and train more and give them the green light to do what it takes to disrupt their activities.

4. You walk around the streets of any British city with a placard or sign that even hints at a Sharia Law takeover here and/or the killing of UK soldiers or citizens you get locked up and detained indefinitely. Human rights be damned.

5. The powers that be stop pandering to the politically correct liberal elite and human rights lobby and grow a big enough pair of gonads to actually make a difference here on the streets of the UK.

:winking: There, problem solved

the policy of supporting govenments and groups against ISIS will continue. Obama has just agreed to give Jordan money for its support. US will continue to give air cover. Let's not forget ISIS have just lost the battle for Kobane although the town is a virtual ruin. I think Raqqa will be bombed more heavily in spite of ISIS using the population as cover.
Clearly there is the need for a political approach with the Midle Eastern countries. It's happening. Do people honestly think diplomats are sitting on their hands? It also needs an alliance with moderate Muslims at home and abroad. The vast majority of Muslims will not agree with the executions done by ISIS. No one said it would be easy and it could go awry easily. As I've said before doing nothing is not an option. If the US and the western allies had taken this approach the Kurds would be being wiped out through genocide. The religious minorities that are not the "right" Muslims or the Yazidis would have been "eliminated" just like the Jews in the holocaust.

1. If you are known by the security services as member of a terrorist organisation (insert group name here) you get arrested and detained indefinitely. Human rights be damned.

2. If you go abroad to train in and/or join a terrorist organisation you get arrested and detained indefinitely upon your return to the UK. None of this taking away a passport bollocks.

3. Quadruple the amount of special forces on the ground and train more and give them the green light to do what it takes to disrupt their activities.

4. You walk around the streets of any British city with a placard or sign that even hints at a Sharia Law takeover here and/or the killing of UK soldiers or citizens you get locked up and detained indefinitely. Human rights be damned.

5. The powers that be stop pandering to the politically correct liberal elite and human rights lobby and grow a big enough pair of gonads to actually make a difference here on the streets of the UK.

Sensible policies for a safer Britain.

I would agree with all of those. But it wont solve the immediate problems facing Jordan.

I would agree with all of those. But it wont solve the immediate problems facing Jordan.

Your quite right. I did go off on a bit of a tangent, sorry :winking:

There is no easy and quick solution to the problem. The war against ISIS/ISIL/IS will drag on and on for many years to come, as will the fight against all forms of radical fundamentalist Islam.

What I do think is that moderate Imans in particular and moderate Muslims in general here in the UK must bear a huge responsibility in changing the hearts and minds of a lost generation of Muslims in their communities.

This may upset a few but as abhorrent as this is, if the USA and the UK stopped supplying weapons "The War Machine" to half of these countries in the first place, then invade lands that are really nothing to do with us then we might see a clear way to resolve this problem. Saddam Hussein as an example was funded for years until it was decided he wasn't a mate we wanted anymore. "it's all about the money honey" There are countless examples of this throughout the middle east and beyond.

The fundamentalist groups have to be stopped somehow but maybe we should look to ourselves first to see who cast the first stone.

So instead of a lot of smartass ********, how about coming up with an alternative or are you in the camp of lets do nothing and complain about it later?

Hi steveo of course its easy for you to declare war from the safety of your mums spare bedroom. But what if we did run with the really good idea of lets bomb some innocent muslims and send in your 'piece loving' army on the ground. To subdue all potential isis threats in every muslim country we would need about 100million troops to do the job nicely. London would be less safe than when we started as we could bankrupt europe in the process. That is apart from the 1% who always gain greatly from these modern so called 'wars'. Maybe they could move somewhere nice, safe and fun like Brazil.

I would take a much more hard line approach as to how we to protect our own country, wich is by the way how we helped to defeat Germany after they invaded France in 1940. How about a properly policed ban on world arms sales?. Sadly none of the worlds get rich war mongers would gain much by this. So with your continued support we can look forward to more body bags and limbless young men returning from far away places. The only outcome of our current policy is to make not only the countries we invade but also Britain a much less safer place to be.

getting back to the real point, how would those now blaming us for the problem protect the Yazidis and Kurds.

How would the USA and The UK protect the innocent people who suffer ridiculous human rights and untold suffering when they don't toe the line in Saudi for example...Oh I know lets lower our flags to half mast and all rally around about the great loss of their King. Double standards maybe....If it suits the powers that be financial wise they step in, they have no real interest in Kurds etc.. Where is there value in that... but they will maybe try to look good if it keeps their self-righteous agendas alive.

Whilst not particularly defending all that goes on in Saudi Arabia, how could any sane person do so, they are at least an ally and I don't think they indulge in genocide. This is what ISIS do. And we need to stop them.

So tell me why exactly you have included the beautiful Brazil in this list. Have you ever been? or is it your just frightened of embarrassing yourself on a football pitch.

No sorry but my point was not the beauty of the place(nor Mexico) but the gang warfare, the killings and the manner in which they are carried out

Whilst not particularly defending all that goes on in Saudi Arabia, how could any sane person do so, they are at least an ally and I don't think they indulge in genocide. This is what ISIS do. And we need to stop them.

How could "Sane Countries" supply half of these volatile places with weapons in the first place... I think you answered your own question in some ways. The USA funded Al Qaeda at first with Gaddaffi, who are now rebranded as ISIS.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/04/confirmed-u-s-armed-al-qaeda-topple-gaddaffi.html

It wont end it but it might slow them down a bit.

Alternatively you have people like a few who have posted on here who think doing nothing is the best option because they can't think of anything else.

It won't slow them down a bit - it will make things much, much worse. Every time we go over there we make things much, much worse. Every single time going back centuries.

ISIS are where they are today doing what they are doing today as a direct result of us taking the type of action that you advocate.

How could "Sane Countries" supply half of these volatile places with weapons in the first place... I think you answered your own question in some ways AAS. The USA funded Al Qaeda at first with Gaddaffi, who are now rebranded as ISIS.

My point is not what's happened in the past. You cannot do anything about that but what do we (as allies and basically sane people) do now. For me sitting on our hands saying we've made policy mistakes in the past is futile. We could of course do nothing. Those middle east states will then have a choice. Act or not. The result will be they will not act and there will be genocide.

They suit their purpose atm as they supply the USA with 20% of there Oil..funny that eh.

My point is not what's happened in the past. You cannot do anything about that but what do we (as allies and basically sane people) do now. For me sitting on our hands saying we've made policy mistakes in the past is futile. We could of course do nothing. Those middle east states will then have a choice. Act or not. The result will be they will not act and there will be genocide.

Oh genocide similar to what we created in Iraq and Afghan you mean and would of in Syria had Camoron got his way. At least that bright idea was defeated at the first hurdle. Nobody is saying do nothing, but get your own house in order might be a wise move first.

Whilst everything is based firstly on money and secondly on who is flavour of the month rather than actual looking after people..I dont see any resolve to this in the near future.

Are we not ever capable of learning from our past then? You cannot just delete the past when it suits you.

It is widely recognised that ISIS receives a great deal of funding from the Saudi's so they're maybe not such a great ally to have but they lavish the west with colossal sums of cash which makes the west impotent against them. ISIS appear to be a heavily backed group, some of whom have manic tendencies, it would therefore follow that the manic factions require isolating and the more moderate groups will need to be backed in order to achieve this, the outcome may well be some form of caliphate constucted in the area which in itself was a social construct to begin with. Use air power to control the ISIS movements then divide and rule by negotiation and the promise of whatever the moderates (moderate by the values that exist in the region, not by ours) want. In the end there will be a political solution and the horrors witnessed will decrease as the perpetrators themselves will be taken out of the equation by their own side. I hope.

Hi steveo of course its easy for you to declare war from the safety of your mums spare bedroom. But what if we did run with the really good idea of lets bomb some innocent muslims and send in your 'piece loving' army on the ground. To subdue all potential isis threats in every muslim country we would need about 100million troops to do the job nicely. London would be less safe than when we started as we could bankrupt europe in the process. That is apart from the 1% who always gain greatly from these modern so called 'wars'. Maybe they could move somewhere nice, safe and fun like Brazil.

I would take a much more hard line approach as to how we to protect our own country, wich is by the way how we helped to defeat Germany after they invaded France in 1940. How about a properly policed ban on world arms sales?. Sadly none of the worlds get rich war mongers would gain much by this. So with your continued support we can look forward to more body bags and limbless young men returning from far away places. The only outcome of our current policy is to make not only the countries we invade but also Britain a much less safer place to be.

Firstly I don't live in my mums spare bedroom but she does have one if you need to rent somewhere.
These people don't want negotiations and are quite happy to kill their fellow muslims and anyone else that takes their fancy. By saying the threat is too large to deal with is just saying lets give up. Best you stay in the we don't know what to do so lets do nothing camp then when nothing gets done you can whine about it later.

Back