• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In fairness, Chris was responding to several tweets to him and said he would research the rumours today.

:hilarious::hilarious: Research the rumours! CP the investigative journalist :hilarious: You mean he will text or call someone. That's not research. It's holding your hat out for secondhand news.

:hilarious::hilarious: Research the rumours! CP the investigative journalist :hilarious: You mean he will text or call someone. That's not research. It's holding your hat out for secondhand news.

Well, yes, but isn't that effectively what his job is? Finding creditable proof of a rumour usually by going to source?

Well, yes, but isn't that effectively what his job is? Finding creditable proof of a rumour usually by going to source?

Totally OBL. Just could not help but find it funny. The nearest he gets to a scoop is when he takes a dog for a walk.

Wordsworth should never be offered a new deal. Costs too much and plays only half a season.

Wright never looked like the player we thought we were getting. Never looked like he had goals in him. No great loss.

Wordsworth, like his beloved UKIP, hasn't had a good week this week.

I heard this story at the last home game so have every reason to believe it and it was the reason that he hasn't been selected in recent weeks.

Feel sorry for the fella and leaves a bit of a bad taste as I recall that this is how we ended up signing the Goat - but as said, it shows that SCP has a pretty ruthless streak which will make for an interesting summer.

Wordy could be brilliant on his day but there were too few of them to be fair, either off-form or injured. Probably sensible to let him go. Wright I'm not so sure about. I thought he looked decent, always seemed to have time on the ball (which is often the sign of a good player), kept things moving, hardly ever wasted possession. Wasn't Gills player of the year fo nothing. Oh well SCP knows best!

Maybe this is all to do with making a bid for Sam Mantom.

I'd doubt Ron would say to SCP that he can go out and sign who he wants, but seems more likely that he'll say that if he gets shot of a couple of players, he can use their wages to put a bid in for who he wants.

Great news if true about Wright and Wordsworth, going forward I really don’t think they’re good enough and Wordsworth’s injuries just don’t help his situation.

We have too many midfielders. As we've sponsored Woody for the last two seasons, I am gutted that he's going as we've got on really well with him off the pitch, and on the pitch, when he's played, I think he's been easily our most creative player over two seasons. This season, though, has been a tough one, with Lenny going, injuries, personal loss, the emergence of Dru, and Mantom's arrival it hasn't worked for him. He and Lenny were a good combination.

I never understood the signing of Wright in the first place.

Wright is a mediocre player so I’m glad he is being released. I think the highlight of his career was scoring some penalties at Gillingham which says it all. Will probably end up somewhere like Billericay which is about his level.

Meh for Wright...decent passer but powderpuff in other areas.
Wordsworth is a sensational attacking midfielder....always injured definitely get rid. Good work Chris Powell...

Back