• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jupp

Shrimp in a Kilt

Apparently Juppy was playing with a painful injury for the last few games, bad enough that he wasn't doing any training, just playing the matches. It was kept quiet so that our opponents wouldn't target him in particular. If true it throws a slightly different light on his performances.

I thought his perfomances toward the latter half of the season were very good and better than the start.
His defending seems good, just his distribution that seems to let him down on occassions

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo1 @ May 11 2006,10:47)]I thought his perfomances toward the latter half of the season were very good and better than the start.
Agreed - I put this down to having Bradbury playing in front of him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 11 2006,10:44)]Apparently Juppy was playing with a painful injury for the last few games, bad enough that he wasn't doing any training, just playing the matches. It was kept quiet so that our opponents wouldn't target him in particular. If true it throws a slightly different light on his performances.
wasnt kept that quiet- it was in the last programme.

Jupp is one of those full backs who generally looks better going forward than defending. IMO he is better at right back than Hunt and he is a decent crosser of the ball.

Plus who will forget his goal in the play off final.

And I can confirm after Saturday and somebody posting the same after Swansea that Duncan Jupp is officially the sweatiest man in football.

His shirt was ringing wet when I put my arm round him on the pitch.

so what explanation is there for the rest of the appauling season he has played?

Jupp, just like Che, were picked out in particular in the pre season for being the 'weaker' players. Think they proved us wrong with some great performances throughout the season! I, for one, have never been the biggest fan of Jupp but this season he proved me wrong and played well over and above the expectations I had for him! Well done Juppy!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ May 11 2006,11:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ May 11 2006,11:12)]so what explanation is there for the rest of the appauling season he has played?
Presume you were watching different games from I.
yeah probably more of them as well..
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ May 11 2006,12:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ May 11 2006,11:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ May 11 2006,11:12)]so what explanation is there for the rest of the appauling season he has played?
Presume you were watching different games from I.
yeah probably more of them as well..
wink.gif
More than likely as I am after all a fairweather supporter.
suspect.gif

Back