• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just another reason to hate the scum!

Not only do you spend all your time talking about the mighty Blues on the Col Poo site, you even come onto our site to post.

Come join the only team in Essex....go on, you know you want to ;)

Well they can't talk about Ipswich any more, can they? We all know how "rivalry" works in the mind of a Col Ewe fan, so let's all give troublegum a warm welcome back after he couldn't find it in him to make a single post last season. :D

Had to laugh about the guy who claimed we had only finished above them twice in 20 years?!

How he came to that conclusion I really don't know especially as we spent 6 seasons in Division 2/Championship and they were in the Conference and the lower reaches of Division4/League two in that time.

Had to laugh about the guy who claimed we had only finished above them twice in 20 years?!

How he came to that conclusion I really don't know especially as we spent 6 seasons in Division 2/Championship and they were in the Conference and the lower reaches of Division4/League two in that time.

Probably by much the same logic as allowed him to conclude that they'd "won more" - their non-league double of course carrying so much more cachet than our League One title.

That's how it works for many of their fans. You take the little snippets that tell stories you like and avoid at all costs the story to date as a whole. It's born of the same insecurity that compels them to change their minds periodically over who their rivals are. Take an objective look at the highs we've seen during our time as fans, compare it to what they've seen, and the picture becomes crystal clear.

Throw their club's attitude to matters like employing violent criminals, racist chanting and providing a safe environment for youth players into the mix and the notion that we're looking on thinking "I wish that was us" really becomes a comedy classic.

Last edited:
We have a tax bill, so does everyone. The Football league were in discussions with the Inland revenue about football league clubs having an extended time to settle their liabilities long before our bill was due and the club , i would imagine, took a punt that this agreement would come into being before we would have to pay, it didn't and the tax man did took the standard court route. It happened to coincide with the agreement being finalised.

The tax bil has been met on previous occassions by the parent company and I have no doubt this will be the case this time too, however this does not disguise the cash flow problems we are currently experiencing.

As is the case with virtually every club in the league. It's just that our chairman is loaded, while yours is skint and full of ****. Funny how in the past you've always crowed about us not having any money.

Yes there's always the possibility he'll up and leave, and the shortfall in gates is a concern, but he won't be pressing the panic button just yet. Nothing he's said or done to date gives the impression of someone who's not in it for the long haul.

Course, if it was us about to go under, you lot wouldn't be crowing at all would you...

I think your most pressing concern is that you have a sh*t manager and that is why even with no money we will probably still finish above you.

"Martin is taking them for a ride"

I can't say I disagree with this at all. Martin has not been telling us the full story (and I know that)

Are you going to tell us what you know and how it reinforces the "Martin is taking them for a ride" statement.

Suffice to say that the reason that Sawyer (or anybody) hasn't technically signed is nothing to do with "paperwork"

I think the fact we owe HMRC a huge amount of money and have made no signings (despite the fact we are desperate for players) says a lot about the situation.

We will always owe HMRC a lot of money. That's what companies do until they pay the bill. We've been told what the official explanation is and it sounds reasonable (doesn't mean it's true but I have no evidence to the contrary so I'll believe it).

And we've made no signings because we haven't agreed any deals yet.

Nothing you've said is backed up by facts; nor does it back up the "taking us for a ride" statement.

If you know anything for a fact the spill the beans; otherwise we'll think you're just making stuff up.

Tautological? I'm not sure.

I know what was in my head when I wrote it :)

How about...

We've made no signings because nobody that we consider good enough has agreed to join us.

The point being that there's no link between the lack of signings so far and the statement that RM is "taking us for a ride" unless Andyhsufc knows (facts not opinions) that I don't.

Probably by much the same logic as allowed him to conclude that they'd "won more" - their non-league double of course carrying so much more cachet than our League One title.

Indeed. Of course if they really want to go down the history route to find out which team has "won more" they could begin by taking a look here.

http://www.soccerbase.com/head2.sd?team2id=612&team1id=2393

In the meantime though they're probably better off sticking to the here and now as they're above us in the league table due to alphabetical order and last season they couldn't achieve that despite the combined efforts of two managers.

Suffice to say that the reason that Sawyer (or anybody) hasn't technically signed is nothing to do with "paperwork"

If Sawyer hasn't 'technically' signed (whatever that means) then I don't understand why he played against Canvey and Chelmsford.
I assume you're hinting you have some inside information here.
Unfortunately the number of people dropping these sort of hints is fast rivalling the number of people on here who claim to know golfing buddies of Tilly.

Last edited:
If Sawyer hasn't 'technically' signed (whatever that means) then I don't understand why he played against Canvey and Chelmsford.
Unfortunately the number of people dropping these sort of hints is fast rivalling the number of people on here who claim to know golfing buddies of Tilly.

When the signing of Lee Sawyer was announced, it said the paperwork will be sorted later on in the week, but Chelsea have given him permission to play in our pre-season friendlies.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~1721612,00.html

I'm assuming that all the paperwork has been sorted an he is actually our player (on loan) now?

Because Chelsea gave him special dispensation. As you well know, I am not like a lot of these people on here who are constantly saying they have inside knowldege, however on this case I do. I don't want to explicitly tell people what is happening but is enough to say that I can guarantee (unless certain authorities decide otherwise) that no signings will be made until we have sorted something out with the tax authorities. This is why I think Martin is taking us for a ride to a certain extent because he is not being honest with the fans regarding the current situation.

Last edited:
They can crow if they manage to finish above us. Lambert's made a few signings but that, of course, guarantees nothing. Is he good enough? We'll see.

I am not crowing because I am still not that convinced about Paul Lambert, we have a big squad already and it appears another 4-5 players are about to join as well. One of those Hamilton strikers is signing and the other is thinking it over, it sounds like Matt Holland may be offered a deal as well, we are also talking to Prem clubs about 2-3 young lads coming in on loan. Overall a squad which will be difficult to keep happy, you can only play 11 at a time!

The WHCS pitch has been made narrower this season, is that a sign of typical Lambert football, keeping it tight through midfield or possibly the long ball up to Perkins ;)

Back