• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Beefy

Life President
Incredible. Pretty poor performance for the first 83 minutes then one of the most crazy ten minutes I've ever seen. Eastwood scored a cracker, Lewis Hunt scored one of the best goals I've ever seen - a 25 yard scissors kick, and even more remarkable, Billy Paynter scored!

I thought he played pretty well actually. JCR was quality for the first hour then had a very dodgy spell just before he came off.

Two subs changed it - Hoops coming on for us and Guy Butters coming on for them just moments before our equaliser.

Do you think that the FA will let us kick off in the 80th minute in future?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Sep. 19 2006,22:25)]Do you think that the FA will let us kick off in the 80th minute in future?
yeah think we might as well stay in the pub till 10 minutes to go.

Surely we must have used all our "Get out of Jail" cards now!

I can't really agree with the Paynter played well analogy I'm afraid. I'm certainly not in the boo boy camp and never will be, and I'm sick to death of the stick he's receiving, which is all the more noticeable when people move around the ground as they did tonight!

IMHO he was pretty poor and did absolutely nothing of real note other than the goal scored from a yard off his thigh that he seemingly didn't want to claim! He just didn't seem to add anything and there doesn't seem to be any glimmer of hope of him and Freddy hitting it off. I hope in time he'll prove a success but it doesn't seem to be going for him at the minute.

On the subject of JCR, he seemed to have more success on the left tonight. It seemed to go a bit flat when they switched him back to the right as he was tormenting their right back.

JCR was rubbish IMHO but there you go! Great work rate yes and he keeps the ball well but he doesnt get the ball into the box very often and never seems to know when to release the ball!

He put in a few telling balls today. Unfortunately we don't really have anyone who wants to attack them.

He put in several decent crosses tonight and had a few efforts on goal too. Don't see what else he could have done, really.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Sep. 20 2006,00:00)]He put in several decent crosses tonight and had a few efforts on goal too. Don't see what else he could have done, really.
Exactly, JCR, is improving everytime.

He put a great ball in the box, in the first half, and if we had anyone who actually thought about getting into the penalty box, then surely he would have had an assist.

I think the players are not helping JCR, he needs them to bust a gut and get into the box, and make sure one of his crosses go in. This will encourage him to put in more balls, and hopefully make the team score more goals.

But last night there was nothing more he could do. People around me were saying that we scored the goals and looked better going forward when he went off. The scorline may suggest it, but it clearly was the change in formation and the introduction of Gary Hooper, who aint going to be tracking back etc, when he is playing in a front 3 who are looking for goals.

BTW Lewis Hunt stood out last night, along with Hooper when he came on

Pato

Hooper did far more in 10 mins than JCR did all game. Must be pushing for a starting place , has a quality first touch.

Back