• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
... that we've got a game in the 3rd round of the FA Cup tomorrow!

Amongst all the Freddy will he/won't he saga, bids for various Motherwell strikers and the excitement of peanut going to Bournmouth we seem to have forgotten about the match comrades!

So this can now be an official match thread for tomorrow!

I predict an unchanged line-up for us and a 2-1 victory - goals from Eastwood and Barrett.

Barnsley have got 3 players cup-tied (Grant McCann, Colin Healy and Kyel Reid) and Anthony Kay suspended and although have got a deal for a young ginger full-back from Man U he won't be joining until Monday.

Since beating us at the end of November, their results have been:

Leeds 2-2 Barnsley
Barnsley 1-1 West Brom
Leicester 2-0 Barnsley
QPR 1-0 Barnsley
Barnsley 1-0 Burnley
Barnsley 0-3 Sheff Wed
Wolves 2-0 Barnsley

So 1 goal and 4 defeats in their last 5 games - hardly inspiring form (not that our results on paper are much to look at, but the last 3 performances have been encouraging).

Over to you - predictions anyone?

I fancy us to win 2-0 with goals from Macca and the G-Man in front of a blockbuster 8,021 crowd.

sad.gif

As long as the "Man Utd Star" (BBC) that Barnsley have signed isn't playing we might stand a chance. Then again, the Man Utd stars didn't do much last time. I reckon we'll spank them. We're actually doing ok for confidence right now and this couldn't be a worse time for them I feel.

3-0 to us. Wilson hattrick.

I hear Harrold and Clarke are unlikely to start tomorrow due to injury or illness?

I predict a 2-1 win for us.

Attendance, 5,640.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Jan. 05 2007,17:01)]I fancy us to win 2-0 with goals from Macca and the G-Man in front of a blockbuster 8,021 crowd.

sad.gif
8.021??

We'll be lucky to get 7,000.

- Graham

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 05 2007,17:05)]As long as the "Man Utd Star" (BBC) that Barnsley have signed isn't playing we might stand a chance.  Then again, the Man Utd stars didn't do much last time.  I reckon we'll spank them.  We're actually doing ok for confidence right now and this couldn't be a worse time for them I feel.

3-0 to us.  Wilson hattrick.
Got to agree with you there. Our confidence is definately better at the moment and with a win tomorrow it will surely lift us more, the prospect of another giant in the next round and some confidence going into the Cardiff game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Attendance, 5,640.

Way too low for me. A late burst of interest, as blokes realise they dont have to go shopping for another year should see 8783 there tomorrow

i fancy us to get crashed and burned in this one.... already played big clubs and although it may have wet their appetites i don't think our boys will want it as much as barnsley...

so that sunderland game may still be on....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ Jan. 05 2007,16:58)]Leeds 2-2 Barnsley
Barnsley 1-1 West Brom
Leicester 2-0 Barnsley
QPR 1-0 Barnsley
Barnsley 1-0 Burnley
Barnsley 0-3 Sheff Wed
Wolves 2-0 Barnsley
Wow, they stink!

Our form looks far better than theirs, very promising league wise.

Have to say I care little for the cup, however I think its important to get a decent result tomorrow, will give us a good boost, and them a good kick in the gonads.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo1 @ Jan. 05 2007,19:02)]
i may be missing my first game of the season due to illness
Possible late fitness test?
well ive bought a ticket so i shall see how i feel in the morning but i dont really want to catch something out in the cold on top of my 'upper respiratory' infection i think the doc called it, im about 60/40 in favour of going as it stands

I am also not too fussed about the cup, but do hope we take seriously, another win gives us back to back for the first time in ages, what a confidence boost!!! Also could give us a slight pshycological lift over our league rivals! But would i swap a win in in the cup for a win in the league, of course not. Although tottenham has whet my appetite for another premiership team, through 3-0 and off to the emirates.

Going for a 1-0 win for southend with a mistery man with a mask coming on for the now cup-tied eastwood( as know on wants to buy him now he is cup-tied and he stays with us) under the name of Sir McdonaldO'donvanorobinson to secure us 4th round match away at the Emirates
biggrin.gif

well you can always hope aye
tounge.gif

Back