• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sammy666

Hi all,
I'm 30 odd posts in already but I didn't introduce myself when I joined which was rude so here goes.

From the age of 2 until nearly 7 my family lived in The Hague so, when we came back to live in Saarfend, I knew nothing of english football. A school friend showed me book that had pictures of all 92 teams kits. I liked QPR's kit so I became a fan. That was the season they won the league cup as a third division side. I saw my first Southend game in 1968 under floodlights and was hooked forever !
After a lot of years supporting The Shrimpers home and away I was introduced to the lads forming a new club called SUFCSC. I spent many years pretending to be a keeper (I fooled nobody) and made many life long friends despite the abuse.
I once had a fish, living in FatGrandad's tropical tank called Anton (Otulakowski). I'm sure he murdered it.
I have lived i Holland now for 26 years. I pop over when poss to watch games but I've got used to lying on the couch watching on ifollow.
I still dream of us winning the Champions League (we won the European Cup in Waddingtons table soccer).
Take care all Shrimpers. Hugs & Kisses, Sammy

Nice to know a bit more about you! We do obviously have quite a strong Dutch connection so it's always nice to have another supporter declared from Holland!

Welkom bij een andere Nederlandse shrimper.

Spoiler:  
Welcome to another Dutch Shrimper

Only Dutch I can say is Johan Cruyff instantly known to both countries :happy:
Definitely in my top three players in my life time

Welcome to the site

Only Dutch I can say is Johan Cruyff instantly known to both countries :happy:
Definitely in my top three players in my life time

Welcome to the site

He was rather popular in Catalonia too.Indeed he spent all of his retirement living here in Barcelona until his untimely death two years ago.

Btw,welcome to the site Sammy.

I would like to point out, in case of any confusion, I only live in The Netherlands. I was born in Billericay and lived until 2 in Wickford. That's when my family moved to The Hague for a few years as my father worked for Unliever (anglo/dutch)

Bedankt en slaap lekker

My dad took me to see Ajax when I was very young. A certain Meneer Cruyff was making his debut

Funny enough still have my subbutteo Ajax set in original box from the 1970s when they were a force in European football, that 1970s team was utter class, and would have torn Barcelona and Real Madrid apart today

My dad took me to see Ajax when I was very young. A certain Meneer Cruyff was making his debut

Ha! You must be getting on a bit (like me).I remember just missing seeing him play for Barça (he'd retired the season before ) when I first came here in 1978.I did see his "water carrier" Johan Neeskins play a few times though.Good player.

Last edited:
Back