• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

So true. It's very fresh so people are using their hearts right now, not their brains.
It is a forum @Sensei Phil .... people tend to say what they are feeling.

People are hurt by it all. No one is letting Ron off but at the same time it seems to have been stirred up somewhere since the Torquay game. The yellow card, the celebrations and 6 days later he's gone.

A very strange situation which will hopefully pass and not disrupt the rest of the squad. Which is the main concern of many

As fans I think we need to take a step back and just go with the flow let them the coaching staff etc just get on with it
I agree with this, move on.

To those who are worried we’ve lost out on a transfer fee, do you seriously believe that Sheffield United would’ve been stupid enough not only to let Lopata out of his contract, but also not to demand a huge part of any sell on. If we had sold him of our own free will, I’m damn sure Sheffield United would’ve got the lion share of any fee.

What Lopata and his agent have been able to do here, by chance, is get both us and Sheffield United off the wage bill, leaving them to pick up an enhanced sign-on fee (because there’s no transfer fee) somewhere else. As I said at the start, we move on.

No doubt his wretch of an agent has been blowing in his ear so they can both get a nice purse from the next move.

I think he's been bang average since he's signed permanently and we've got a very decent back 4 without him so bye bye.

He could have waited until the end of the season if he was a genuine bloke but that's where we are.

As fans I think we need to take a step back and just go with the flow let them the coaching staff etc just get on with it
Agreed. Lomas is a more than capable replacement, as was shown yesterday. It does leave us short of defenders though, what with Ralph out again.

It is a forum @Sensei Phil .... people tend to say what they are feeling.

People are hurt by it all. No one is letting Ron off but at the same time it seems to have been stirred up somewhere since the Torquay game. The yellow card, the celebrations and 6 days later he's gone.

A very strange situation which will hopefully pass and not disrupt the rest of the squad. Which is the main concern of many
That's really fair.

Sadly because the facts of what happened are not clear they'll always be speculation on what happened and how it happened, and I guess you can't control that. I guess he'll be judged because of the way he left Sheff U, but these are two different situations and that way he left are are not identical. However, I agree it won't look good on him and no doubt his agent has played a part. I hope his career won't be defined by this because he is a good player and a decent lad.

I really wish I could explain how it was because the speculation from some does not reflect fairly on Kacper, but out of respect for him, and others, that's just not possible. Maybe what occurred will come out, maybe it won't, and as you fairly say, people will feel hurt and this is a reasonable place to vent their anger. But I beg you to think logically, the anger should be directed at one man, who would love to misdirect Kacper as a scapegoat. The only thing I will say is that 1. He didn't punch anyone 2. He didn't turn up, get his stuff and walk out. He left the ground angry and upset, and that's not without reasons that certainly I'm not prepared to share, it's not my place. You'll have to take my word on this but if you don't, that's fine.

Anyway, we move on. Get behind the rest of the boys.

Two things to clear up straight away with this:

1) This is RM’s fault. Not Lopata, Kev & co, the players, his agent, or anyone else. It’s a breach of his contract, which ultimately is down to RM.

2) Lopata DID NOT punch Lomas. Utter garbage that story, and even worse from whoever changed the title of the thread.

This is disappointing news, but something I’d heard a snippet of in the week from someone on here. Ultimately, I hoped he’d see the season out and, had we got promotion, and hoped that would be enough to convince him to stay.

This hasn’t been handled in the best way, and I agree Lopata could have waited till today to come and collect his stuff/say his goodbyes but it is what it is I’m afraid.

It doesn’t look good on him how he has exited both Sheffield United (not that we moaned then) and us now. However, football is a dark and murky game, and he won’t have any problem finding another Club, and if he does the same to them, there would still be a queue of Clubs will to pick him up.

As I understand it, he can sign for an EFL Club, but can’t be registered or play for them this season because he wasn’t a free agent at the end of the January transfer window. His only option is to sign for a non-league side. He was at Boreham Wood in the week to watch his mate Zak Brunt, and he knows another player from his Sheffield United days there too.

Does he take a deal with a Wrexham or a Notts County and hope to get into the EFL that way, or does his bide his time until the Summer and get his move this way.

He’ll be a loss, of course he will, but we didn’t lose last night because of the back three. As I’ve said before, the football department will have a list of players to replace anyone that leaves, so there will be an idea who comes in to replace him. Obviously, we can’t do that at the moment.

I was led to believe the embargo would have been cleared by now, it was linked to the HMRC debt, so we had to clear that and then see the National League too to get it all confirmed there end. If there was a hearing regards Lopata, that would have taken priority. Hopefully, it’s cleared next week and we crack on again.

Last night showed we need reinforcements.

1) This is RM’s fault. Not Lopata, Kev & co, the players, his agent, or anyone else. It’s a breach of his contract, which ultimately is down to RM.

2) Lopata DID NOT punch Lomas. Utter garbage that story, and even worse from whoever changed the title of the thread.

This is disappointing news, but something I’d heard a snippet of in the week from someone on here. Ultimately, I hoped he’d see the season out and, had we got promotion, and hoped that would be enough to convince him to stay.

This hasn’t been handled in the best way, and I agree Lopata could have waited till today to come and collect his stuff/say his goodbyes but it is what it is I’m afraid.

It doesn’t look good on him how he has exited both Sheffield United (not that we moaned then) and us now. However, football is a dark and murky game, and he won’t have any problem finding another Club, and if he does the same to them, there would still be a queue of Clubs will to pick him up.

As I understand it, he can sign for an EFL Club, but can’t be registered or play for them this season because he wasn’t a free agent at the end of the January transfer window. His only option is to sign for a non-league side. He was at Boreham Wood in the week to watch his mate Zak Brunt, and he knows another player from his Sheffield United days there too.

Does he take a deal with a Wrexham or a Notts County and hope to get into the EFL that way, or does his bide his time until the Summer and get his move this way.

He’ll be a loss, of course he will, but we didn’t lose last night because of the back three. As I’ve said before, the football department will have a list of players to replace anyone that leaves, so there will be an idea who comes in to replace him. Obviously, we can’t do that at the moment.

I was led to believe the embargo would have been cleared by now, it was linked to the HMRC debt, so we had to clear that and then see the National League too to get it all confirmed there end. If there was a hearing regards Lopata, that would have taken priority. Hopefully, it’s cleared next week and we crack on again.

He can also go abroad.

We all know Ron’s fault mistakenly we thought lopata liked the club to come back . Obviously not prick

Back