• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

What serious breach of contract? All the other players took the late payment (I’m not saying it’s right)….was there something else or did he just have a **** of an agent!
Yes it speaks volumes about him.

The other players and all the staff for that matter Have suffered and remained.

Its such an odd one, he is clearly good enough to play at a higher level, but chose us for a professed love of the club and fans. Which i thought was superb, and i hoped he'd stay with us and rise to a higher level together.

Hes clearly the type of person that looks out for himself and family which i can respect in a way. But as with kelman and many others, if you dont want to wear the southend shirt with pride, then bugger off.

Can’t be annoyed at him, given the situation.

However, if he carries on listening to this agent he’ll start to find his options becoming very limited. The way in which he left Sheffield United to join us was odd. And whilst arguably justified in leaving us, forcing his way out of two clubs in less than a year won’t go unnoticed.

I’ve seen Wrexham fans moaning about their defence before ,would certainly make next Saturday interesting if he goes there. Seems like a move that would tie in with a greedy agent as well.

Did we actually pay a fee for him?

Irrespective of the decision-making by Kacper, and the influence of his agent, the fact that RM has potentially made a loss on one of the biggest young defensive talents outside of the top two leagues is basically criminal.

Fair play to Maher, he’s always been a character who expects everyone to be all in, or they’re out. Not the easy thing to do, but the right thing. And at least we have a couple of options at the back

Come on MODS - shouldn’t this be in ex Shrimpers 😁😁😁

Lopata gone. Bothered? No.

Obviously having only seen one game this season (so clearly not a fan) but based on reports and our recent run with him on the bench he was a very important part of last year’s survival jigsaw but has hardly set the world on fire this season (not that he has been shocking).

If we’d been on a losing run and he was still on the bench fair enough. We weren’t so he needed to be patient.

I saw a harmonious changing room after the Torquay game. I expect there’ll be a much more harmonious dressing room without characters like him.

We move on!

I confess as not being too bothered about KL leaving. He been no where near the player he was last season. Clearly had issues with Blondy that were causing issues defensively, for me they were both at fault in this. But let’s remember also that this signing was Ron’s signing. He wasn’t recruited in the same way as other players. It was Ron’s signing and Kev didn’t even know we were signing him until he turned up. If rumours are true and he didn’t get on as well as others in the group then maybe it’s best he leaves rather than cause further disruption. The timing of his leaving and actions tonight are regrettable and can’t forgive him fir that especially ahead of such a crucial match.

what we have to hope is that KL doesn’t start a mass exit from the club.

Who, or what, is a William Bligh?

The captain of HMS Bounty, subject of an 18th century mutiny, led by Fletcher Christian.

Bligh was famously set a adrift with members of the crew that stayed loyal to him, and navigated them to safety.

Not a great motivator or leader of men, but a superb seaman.

Tonight i watched a young talented Southend team who gave everything, played some decent football to warm the cockles on a freezing night, and will only get better. After recent years I’ll settle for that. If Lopata doesn’t want to be part of that then thank you and goodbye, I trust in the management team and John Still to find a more than adequate replacement (when we’re allowed).

i must have known something was in the air i put him on the transfer list in my soccer manager game last week ,and sold him to a nonleague club .

Lofarta should be ashamed of himself to do that the way he did it ,to come into the dressing room pregame to collect his belonging ,thus upsetting the changing room ,disgusting, Yes i can understand him leaving but theres a right way and a wrong way of doing it ,he definitely did it the wrong way. I will not wish him all the best for the future because of his actions, Good bye and Good riddance to him .

I confess as not being too bothered about KL leaving. He been no where near the player he was last season. Clearly had issues with Blondy that were causing issues defensively, for me they were both at fault in this. But let’s remember also that this signing was Ron’s signing. He wasn’t recruited in the same way as other players. It was Ron’s signing and Kev didn’t even know we were signing him until he turned up. If rumours are true and he didn’t get on as well as others in the group then maybe it’s best he leaves rather than cause further disruption. The timing of his leaving and actions tonight are regrettable and can’t forgive him fir that especially ahead of such a crucial match.

what we have to hope is that KL doesn’t start a mass exit from the club.
Yeah nowhere near the player he was last season as we have pretty much had the best defensive record for the whole season albeit with terrible goalkeepers 😂😂😂😂

Anyone saying we won’t miss him or glad to see him go is actually thick. Ron Martin here has absolutely screwed us on and off the pitch a player playing well below his level and an absolute guaranteed money maker for the club. What a dire situation this is

Back