• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Sounds like his agent has gently encouraged him to stick two fingers up at us. Can’t blame him in some respects, (obviously Ron is a ****, that goes without saying), but disappointed how this has played out.

He was the player who put in the 15-day notice and that’s now been upheld.

He needs to be careful he doesn’t get a reputation now. That’s two clubs that he (his agent) has downed tools for.

Sounds like his agent has gently encouraged him to stick two fingers up at us. Can’t blame him in some respects, (obviously Ron is a ****, that goes without saying), but disappointed how this has played out.

He was the player who put in the 15-day notice and that’s now been upheld.

He needs to be careful he doesn’t get a reputation now. That’s two clubs that he (his agent) has refused to play for.
Yeah perhaps we should have been on alert after the way he forced himself out at Sheff, but I'd hoped that was a one-off. Seems like he and agent could get a reputation if not careful.

Big part of the problem is not having his agent onside anyway. Believe he was offered and accepted a hefty agent fee by RM, who took control of negotiations, and I highly suspect he never saw a penny of it.

Disappointed it's ending in this way and whilst I can't blame KL for wanting out and serving that notice, it's still a shame to see.

I have no issue with him being frustrated and wanting to make sure he gets paid so he can cover his family and look after his future. But, at the same time for someone who seemed to want to make it clear that he loved this club and loved being here this comes across as "painful". Good luck to him, I suspect we'll see him turn up at Wrexham as I think they've had two long term injuries to CB's.

I have no issue with him being frustrated and wanting to make sure he gets paid so he can cover his family and look after his future. But, at the same time for someone who seemed to want to make it clear that he loved this club and loved being here this comes across as "painful". Good luck to him, I suspect we'll see him turn up at Wrexham as I think they've had two long term injuries to CB's.
Yes. Its a shame.

He clearly didnt "love the club you ****ing idiots" as much as he let on.

Nothing wrong with it per se, but he always came across as quite ruthless and cold.

Can anyone confirm what Maher said about the situation?

Shame as he is very good player.

Don’t blame him one bit

If I didn’t get paid I’d be p*ssed off.

Thanks Ron, looking like we’ve let our best player go

Maybe we can p*ss Jack Bridge off now

We are a shambles of a club, still…
Honestly, I don't think he has looked the player he was on loan last season.
Not sure when the cut off date was for breach of contract but it speaks volumes that the rest of the squad stuck together and Lopata chose not to.

If it's not beach of contract then we still hold his registration and he is a saleable commodity

Honestly, I don't think he has looked the player he was on loan last season.
Not sure when the cut off date was for breach of contract but it speaks volumes that the rest of the squad stuck together and Lopata chose not to.

If it's not beach of contract then we still hold his registration and he is a saleable commodity
I think someone said we appealed against his decision and we lost (quickest employment tribunal in history if so!).

Back