• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh come on, Williams has had more chances than a ********* ************ how he got another year is mad...even as backup.....

To be fair to Williams I do not believe he was given anywhere near the chances he could have had. In the time he has been with us he has watched a number of strikers play regularly when they scored zilch and never looked like scoring. He could have done no worse. I have not seen him in training and maybe he does not cut the mustard. His few first team cameos are hardly opportunities. He may, like many strikers, be a confidence player and his lack of chances is going to do little to help there. He may just be unable to compete at this level but I doubt we really know.

Echo says he will and he is asking Swansea if King can play.. if there is a burger van there Williams will be there... I can't talk though..

To be fair to Williams I do not believe he was given anywhere near the chances he could have had. In the time he has been with us he has watched a number of strikers play regularly when they scored zilch and never looked like scoring. He could have done no worse. I have not seen him in training and maybe he does not cut the mustard. His few first team cameos are hardly opportunities. He may, like many strikers, be a confidence player and his lack of chances is going to do little to help there. He may just be unable to compete at this level but I doubt we really know.
To be honest he is a big lad, but at Wakering he was getting brushed aside, I suppose some of the part time boys are builders and do other stuff and are strong lads.... but I expected more from him.

Williams is the only player I've known who has moss growing on the backs of his legs .... they spend so much time in the shade :smile:

Oh come on, Williams has had more chances than a ********* ************ how he got another year is mad...even as backup.....
the point I was making is you seem to get more enjoyment out of slating players than supporting them. If someone states Williams is the future and you argue against that then fair enough but digging him out numerous times in one thread - for a game that hasn't even been played yet. Add that to your slating of Cox during a game we won 1-4, I just can't see what your motivation is. You treat our own players the way I treat the Tories!

the point I was making is you seem to get more enjoyment out of slating players than supporting them. If someone states Williams is the future and you argue against that then fair enough but digging him out numerous times in one thread - for a game that hasn't even been played yet. Add that to your slating of Cox during a game we won 1-4, I just can't see what your motivation is. You treat our own players the way I treat the Tories!

oh no politics or religion time to exit...

Back to the topic of Hines....

Our top 2 goal scorers this year have both had serious injuries and missed most of last season. No guarantee of course this would apply to Hines but does show what is possible.

Back to the topic of Hines....

Our top 2 goal scorers this year have both had serious injuries and missed most of last season. No guarantee of course this would apply to Hines but does show what is possible.
this is a topic about him, thought he was playing the U21.... echo says....maybe it was 2pm start...few supporter hanging around

this is a topic about him, thought he was playing the U21.... echo says....maybe it was 2pm start...few supporter hanging around
kick off was late at around 1.40 pm, Hines looked a threat at times but looks maybe a little rusty through lack of games, brown I'm sure will want to look at him some more tho, I would say on today he is no better than we already have in the team but only time will tell of course, if we keep him here long enough.

kick off was late at around 1.40 pm, Hines looked a threat at times but looks maybe a little rusty through lack of games, brown I'm sure will want to look at him some more tho, I would say on today he is no better than we already have in the team but only time will tell of course, if we keep him here long enough.
I tried to park but there was a coach blocking the car park, went around to the Magic fence (in that supermarket) but like you said was 1:40...and Williams, come on..... ? I heard the other striker of ours was way better?

I tried to park but there was a coach blocking the car park, went around to the Magic fence (in that supermarket) but like you said was 1:40...and Williams, come on..... ? I heard the other striker of ours was way better?
yeah that was the late Wimbledon coach, the other striker of ours was Hines maybe, Hines and bridge were trying to support Williams at times but Hines was better than Williams and I thought bridge could of done more today, not sure who the Wimbledon forward was but think he got all three for them, looked usefull.

Back