• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Keigan Parker

secondalibi

Coach
I noticed that Blackpool striker Keigan Parker is scoring for fun again and yet still no-one ever mentions his name as a player for us to look at. He was one of the better players I saw play against us last season, and scored a great goal against us. He is one of those rare players that everytime he gets the ball the crowd noise changes and you can sense the expectation that he could make something happen. This guy has got it all, pace, skill and is a fabulous finisher. He has scored 10 goals so far this season. I have a few friends up in Blackpool and I visit there quite a lot, and I have been to 3 of their home games this season and Parker has easily been the best player on the pitch each game, and he also happened to score in each game I went to. He would be a very useful signing at the age of only 24, but I wonder what the asking price would be as there are apparently a few Championship sides watching him.

- G

Where is he from? Northerner or southerner? If he's from London or the SOuth East , perhaps. if he's a northerner I don't think he'd be worth the risk. We can't afford to have our next signing not work out.

With Freddy off in Jan and our other pre season star striker - Ricketts - working at McDonalds we need our next purchase to be a good'un.

I heard we were looking at him and Peter Clarke together but were priced out of a move for both. Apparently though Parkers attitude is terrible and Blackpool would probably ask for too much.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Dec. 27 2006,17:29)]Where is he from? Northerner or southerner? If he's from London or the SOuth East , perhaps. if he's a northerner I don't think he'd be worth the risk. We can't afford to have our next signing not work out.
Scottish, but you never know could have played at similar national levels to Stevie H so could be worth a look at. As said above, his goals last season, particularly the one against us were something special. Put a bid in, I say, although I guess it maybe depends on how well we dealt with Blackpool whilst signing Clarkie.

Wonder if Parker's out of contract at end of the season?

I always said I'd like to have him in the summer, but I don't know enough about him, so I'll leave it to Tilly n Brush
biggrin.gif

I was thinking about him for a few weeks, seems a good solid player. Is it just me or can he play on the wing as well?

Back