• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kenny Coker to Norwich

Sometimes I wish he was banned, but then things like this happen and it is absolutely brilliant.

Keep it going SS.

Oh and also, I already claimed my £5 for stating he is mrsblue, Chapperz. Soz.

Sometimes I wish he was banned, but then things like this happen and it is absolutely brilliant.

Keep it going SS.

Oh and also, I already claimed my £5 for stating he is mrsblue, Chapperz. Soz.

I’ve claimed my £5 in the past too!

Could it be that all these years mrsblue wasn’t actually ‘mrs blue’, but ‘mr s blue’ instead? ?

1620990490327.jpeg

I see him play at least twice! Didnt do anything special to make me think hes good enough for norwich! But the first time I saw egbri play he stood out straight away as he got the ball beat 3 players then cracked the wood work from 20 yards out! Theres certain things players do that leave impressions.Kenny is young he may prove me wrong but I doubt he will ever play for norwich first team.just like bishop wont ever play for man utds first team.

Twice! Wow Steve, well I stand corrected - you really should have told us that earlier. Far be it for us to question such broad knowledge of a young kid's abilities after two 90 minute matches. I mean it's not as if the opinions of qualified coaches from a Premier League club who have monitored Coker closely both at Southend and in training matches for Norwich's Academy hold more water than yours is it.... :Whistling:

Twice! Wow Steve, well I stand corrected - you really should have told us that earlier. Far be it for us to question such broad knowledge of a young kid's abilities after two 90 minute matches. I mean it's not as if the opinions of qualified coaches from a Premier League club who have monitored Coker closely both at Southend and in training matches for Norwich's Academy hold more water than yours is it.... :Whistling:

I think you’re giving SS too much credit there....I’d be extremely surprised if his opinion was based on 2 x 90 min appearances and more likely to have been 2 sub appearances possibly (from memory) of under 20 mins each

??

I see him play at least twice! Didnt do anything special to make me think hes good enough for norwich! But the first time I saw egbri play he stood out straight away as he got the ball beat 3 players then cracked the wood work from 20 yards out! Theres certain things players do that leave impressions.Kenny is young he may prove me wrong but I doubt he will ever play for norwich first team.just like bishop wont ever play for man utds first team.

I think we have to be a bit careful in stating too many things will never happen. Nathan Bishop is very well thought of at Man U , and probably enjoying his reported £150k a year. He is aware his next move, as is the Man Utds tradition ,is to send him out on loan to a league 1 or 2 club next season, to continue his so far excellent development.

I shall look forward to seeing where he goes and how he gets on. He has already had his contract extended. Henderson is doing so well it is though De Gea is likely now to move, along with another keeper. This would move Nathan sharply up the ladder. The Word is he could well be getting a cup game or two the following season

I think we have to be a bit careful in stating too many things will never happen. Nathan Bishop is very well thought of at Man U , and probably enjoying his reported £150k a year. He is aware his next move, as is the Man Utds tradition ,is to send him out on loan to a league 1 or 2 club next season, to continue his so far excellent development.

I shall look forward to seeing where he goes and how he gets on. He has already had his contract extended. Henderson is doing so well it is though De Gea is likely now to move, along with another keeper. This would move Nathan sharply up the ladder. The Word is he could well be getting a cup game or two the following season

If dea moves then bishop would move up the ladder from about 6th to 5th! There are too many good prospects in front of him and established keepers there! I wish him well as he done well for us In spells but was really surprised when man utd came calling

What's your current opinion on Matt Rush?

I think your right I could definitely help the club and pick out better players then the sh..e!! We have signed lately!! Can u tell me one player from our academy in the last 10 years who's stepped up and done well elsewhere?? Hutchinson? Bridge? Kelmen? If Kenny coker was so good why wasnt he starting and playing most games? And dont say it's about age,age has nothing to do with it ! If your good enough then thats all what counts!

Yearwood, Bentley, Bishop, Finley-Burns, Glen Kamara, Stephy Mavididi for anyone interested

Didnt rate him when he first got opportunitys in the first team and missed some sitters but looks like he may come good under brown!
If you think Rush might come good after initially not looking good to you couldn't the same happen with Coker after he's had some time training at Norwich?

This thread has lost its way a bit. Good luck Kenny. Like every young blues player that moves up it's sad we didn't get to see more of you. But I know a Norwich fan and he always sings the praises of their academy and I'd love to be able to one day say, yeah but he was a shrimper first though.

Last edited:
Lets hope his career trajectory is like Max Aarons and Jamal Lewis (and we've plenty of sell ons).

So you can only improve enough if you stay with worse coaches and worse facilities at a lower level of football?
All what your saying makes a great deal of sense! I just cant ever see him playing for norwich!! That's my opinion and i also hope kenny proves me wrong.

All what your saying makes a great deal of sense! I just cant ever see him playing for norwich!! That's my opinion and i also hope kenny proves me wrong.

They're probably taking a 5 to 7 year view, when Kenny will be 22 to 24 years old and they see enough now to know he's got a chance - but, I'm guessing, statistically I'd imagine that chance is <50%. so you maybe right, but way to early to write him off

They're probably taking a 5 to 7 year view, when Kenny will be 22 to 24 years old and they see enough now to know he's got a chance - but, I'm guessing, statistically I'd imagine that chance is <50%. so you maybe right, but way to early to write him off

Probably less than that.

Bigger clubs can play the percentage game and sign 20 kids from lower league clubs at around £100k+. If one of them makes it into the first team and can be sold on then they've made their money back.

Even if Kenny Coker becomes a top league 1 player, as a striker he will probably easily command a fee of £1m+.

Back