• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

**** you Rosier, you always s*** at City and still are, bad timing but I hope he do well in his career as I can't complain as it's Wigan's player, they have right to do what they please.

Bad news agreed but it is quite possible he may not have been fit for Sunday anyway. Apparently popped his shoulder out in training Monday. Assume he only played because Prosser wasn't fit.

On loan player recalled by his club, shock horror with much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Get a grip people!!!!!!!

On loan player recalled by his club, shock horror with much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Get a grip people!!!!!!!

Exactly this. Prosser and Phillips are our strongest pairing any way. I'd be a little concerned if Thompson was required again at centre half, as I don't think he's strong enough, but the loan window opens next week. Good luck to Kiernan though - he's done ok.

Exactly this. Prosser and Phillips are our strongest pairing any way. I'd be a little concerned if Thompson was required again at centre half, as I don't think he's strong enough, but the loan window opens next week. Good luck to Kiernan though - he's done ok.

The only problem with the Prosser/Phillips pairing is that the last time I saw them both in action together (against Scunthorpe in September) was that Phillips was clearly under orders to attack the first ball into the box.

Given his injury record (recent and otherwise) if that continues to be the case, it won't be long before Phillips picks up another injury.IMO,he should be sweeping behind Prosser.

Brown has known this day has been coming for months all be it it came a few games early. Sure has a back up plan. We also have Adam Thompson on loan I assume.

Would be a gamble at present, but in the future, I reckon Lenny could be made into a top class centre back. Quick, powerful, good in the air, reads the game well, tackles hard, wide range of passes. Or we could try that other top centre back, BBBC ? with Woodrow/Eastwood up top ?

Alternatively John White is a good Centre Half and Ryan Leonard could fill in at Right Back. We still have options but very little back up.

Would be a gamble at present, but in the future, I reckon Lenny could be made into a top class centre back. Quick, powerful, good in the air, reads the game well, tackles hard, wide range of passes. Or we could try that other top centre back, BBBC ? with Woodrow/Eastwood up top ?

Yes, I thought of Barry . Not quite "the thing" for a team trying for promotion but it's better than me dusting off my boots. It could generate more resilience in the team as well. :stunned:

I see this as bad news short term as I don't think a Phillips Prosser central pairing is good enough for us anymore. The Mark Phillips of 2 or 3 years ago, sure, but not now.

I couldn't make the Dons game but against Rochdale I was nervous every time the ball went near him. Only time will tell if that was just rustiness and after a couple of starts whether he could rediscover his best form. How was he against the Dons? This isn't a personal attack on Mark though, obviously a couple of years ago he was one of our best players but I personally think all the injuries and age have caught up with him and he should and usually is a squad player for us now.

In contrast Luke Prosser has gone the other way from an error prone squad player to IMO one of the best centre halves in the division.

For me Kiernan has done a decent job and until he is replaced will be missed. But I don't think he's irreplaceable either and as others have said PB will have been looking at his options for a replacement anyway but may have been caught out slightly as this need for a player has been brought forward a couple of weeks.

I expect us to muck in and go with what we have for a few weeks and hopefully bring in a replacement loan player by the end of next month. Who knows it might even be Kiernan?!

I see this as bad news short term as I don't think a Phillips Prosser central pairing is good enough for us anymore. The Mark Phillips of 2 or 3 years ago, sure, but not now.

I couldn't make the Dons game but against Rochdale I was nervous every time the ball went near him. Only time will tell if that was just rustiness and after a couple of starts whether he could rediscover his best form. How was he against the Dons? This isn't a personal attack on Mark though, obviously a couple of years ago he was one of our best players but I personally think all the injuries and age have caught up with him and he should and usually is a squad player for us now.

In contrast Luke Prosser has gone the other way from an error prone squad player to IMO one of the best centre halves in the division.

For me Kiernan has done a decent job and until he is replaced will be missed. But I don't think he's irreplaceable either and as others have said PB will have been looking at his options for a replacement anyway but may have been caught out slightly as this need for a player has been brought forward a couple of weeks.

I expect us to muck in and go with what we have for a few weeks and hopefully bring in a replacement loan player by the end of next month. Who knows it might even be Kiernan?!

I've said before, I think Phillips takes a game or two to get into it. I've no doubts that if he's fit he'll be fine. He was quality against Burton in October.

I've said before, I think Phillips takes a game or two to get into it. I've no doubts that if he's fit he'll be fine. He was quality against Burton in October.

He's had a toblerone for a foot the last few games if some of his clearances are anything to go by!!! On form, he and Prosser are a very good partnership, but they both need to be playing at or near the top of their game.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about Julian Bennett!!! He was expected to be fit again by January and can play at centre back or left back. He is a decent player too.

Phillips was much better than Kiernan at Wimbledon.

Kiernan's better on the ball, but Phillips is better defending. Phillips is far superior in the air and has better positioning.

I've said before, I think Phillips takes a game or two to get into it.

This.

Phillips was much better than Kiernan at Wimbledon.

Kiernan's better on the ball, but Phillips is better defending. Phillips is far superior in the air and has better positioning.

Really? :unsure: Personally, I thought Kiernan had a better game than Phillips.

Back