• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Really? :unsure: Personally, I thought Kiernan had a better game than Phillips.

Judging a defender isn't about noticing what they do (heading, blocking, tackling), often the most important things are unnoticeable - organising, positioning, recovering, making the decision to drop off/go tight, attack the ball, read the moves.

Phillips is a very good defender, and after a couple of games I'm sure we'd see him playing well, and doing the quiet things really well.

Judging a defender isn't about noticing what they do (heading, blocking, tackling), often the most important things are unnoticeable - organising, positioning, recovering, making the decision to drop off/go tight, attack the ball, read the moves.

Phillips is a very good defender, and after a couple of games I'm sure we'd see him playing well, and doing the quiet things really well.

I hope so, I know he is a good player but he really has been very worrying to watch in both the recent games - his kicking has been atrocious.

Yep. I had completely forgotton about him. Anyone know how he is coming along?

He was bowling fine at the JB's Christmas Party - plenty of pics of him on the OS story on it! Not sure how much relevance that is to his football though :winking:

I hope he stay fit as he should be too good for League 2 with most of his career experience at Championship x

Really? :unsure: Personally, I thought Kiernan had a better game than Phillips.

Phillips, when he committed, went to the ball and won his headers. So many opposition attacks in recent weeks have come from Kiernan not clearing the lines when a high ball is played in, and instead being dragged out of position and allowing the opposition to attack into that space.

Does anyone know what position Kiernan came on for Wigan as? I'm far from convinced he's a centre-back.

Back