• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kings Lynn and Wealdstone tickets ?

I don't see a problem with normal like minded lower league football fans mixing, lets face it you mix and its acceptable at Rugby/Cricket and Speedway, all team sports.. its not the people that change its the narrative and perception.

I am not stupid enough to suggest col U -Southend should be unsegregated, but for instance there is nothing wrong with family stands being exactly that.. or seating for OAPs being mixed, at KL I was speaking to some KL fans in the ground and I asked them

' how does this work then in non league, do clubs stick to the hard segregation?' and they replied, NO not at all, fans just mix normally, they said the hooligans normally go in the away end etc.. but the normal football fans will just mix.. and thats firstly ironic and proves the mentality of the 'so called' hooligan, that its easier for them to be hard men behind a fence.. but also just confirms people can enjoy and respect each other even if they are cheering for different teams.. I certainly did v KL..

Its a shame there is such a taboo about the home/away segregation, as I am sure given the opportunity Southend fans would give their right arm to go to Weldstone on BH Monday and just go and watch a game of football regardless of where they are standing/sitting

incidentally, don't Fulham have mixed stands ?? or am I imagining that

I don't see a problem with normal like minded lower league football fans mixing, lets face it you mix and its acceptable at Rugby/Cricket and Speedway, all team sports.. its not the people that change its the narrative and perception.

I am not stupid enough to suggest col U -Southend should be unsegregated, but for instance there is nothing wrong with family stands being exactly that.. or seating for OAPs being mixed, at KL I was speaking to some KL fans in the ground and I asked them

' how does this work then in non league, do clubs stick to the hard segregation?' and they replied, NO not at all, fans just mix normally, they said the hooligans normally go in the away end etc.. but the normal football fans will just mix.. and thats firstly ironic and proves the mentality of the 'so called' hooligan, that its easier for them to be hard men behind a fence.. but also just confirms people can enjoy and respect each other even if they are cheering for different teams.. I certainly did v KL..

Its a shame there is such a taboo about the home/away segregation, as I am sure given the opportunity Southend fans would give their right arm to go to Weldstone on BH Monday and just go and watch a game of football regardless of where they are standing/sitting

incidentally, don't Fulham have mixed stands ?? or am I imagining that
Fulham used to have a “neutral zone” part in the Putney Stand was for home, away or just casual football fans. That has now needed during redevelopment and is highly unlikely to return. Home fans were actually encouraged not to buy tickets there for some games such as Cardiff, Millwall etc Due to the chance of issues happening. Once the new stand has been completed, the old “neutral zone” will only be used for one set of fans, segregation is quite easy so can be either home or away.

Fulham used to have a “neutral zone” part in the Putney Stand was for home, away or just casual football fans. That has now needed during redevelopment and is highly unlikely to return. Home fans were actually encouraged not to buy tickets there for some games such as Cardiff, Millwall etc Due to the chance of issues happening. Once the new stand has been completed, the old “neutral zone” will only be used for one set of fans, segregation is quite easy so can be either home or away.
The Fulham neutral zone was created to fill the ground when they were a Prem team.
The club recognised there were not enough home fans for the ginormous 6,100 seater Putney End, and wanted to maximise revenue.
They did realise there were enough floating voters in London who simply wanted to see a top-flight game.
I'm not sure the club will want to hand a 6,000 plus advantage to the away team.
The new 8,650-seat stand will bring the total capacity up to 29,600.
As it stands, (no pun intended) the EPL normally allow 3,000 away tickets per game, or 10% of stadium capacity if greater than 30,000 seats.
In essence, Fulham would be allowing an away following of 20%. It ain't gonna happen.

The Fulham neutral zone was created to fill the ground when they were a Prem team.
The club recognised there were not enough home fans for the ginormous 6,100 seater Putney End, and wanted to maximise revenue.
They did realise there were enough floating voters in London who simply wanted to see a top-flight game.
I'm not sure the club will want to hand a 6,000 plus advantage to the away team.
The new 8,650-seat stand will bring the total capacity up to 29,600.
As it stands, (no pun intended) the EPL normally allow 3,000 away tickets per game, or 10% of stadium capacity if greater than 30,000 seats.
In essence, Fulham would be allowing an away following of 20%. It ain't gonna happen.
I know why it was done I was working there at the time. Was a good idea for the club then as even though they had risen up the league they still had issues filling the ground even in the first few years of the prem. The home fans have wanted the neutral zone gone for years actually as they felt it gave an advantage to away teams. As you didnt need to be a member of FFC fan anyone could get tickets, so some teams actually almost had a whole stand as they could just buy tickets.

As for the capacity I never said it was going to happen re the 20% i said the Nuetral zone (which was one half of the stand) would be used for one set of fans and segrgation is quite easy in that stand. So the usual allotment would be given and the away fans stay in the corner they have now (most likely) or they go to where the neutral zone is now and have that half (unlikely as that is right by the cottage)

I know why it was done I was working there at the time. Was a good idea for the club then as even though they had risen up the league they still had issues filling the ground even in the first few years of the prem. The home fans have wanted the neutral zone gone for years actually as they felt it gave an advantage to away teams. As you didnt need to be a member of FFC fan anyone could get tickets, so some teams actually almost had a whole stand as they could just buy tickets.

As for the capacity I never said it was going to happen re the 20% i said the Nuetral zone (which was one half of the stand) would be used for one set of fans and segrgation is quite easy in that stand. So the usual allotment would be given and the away fans stay in the corner they have now (most likely) or they go to where the neutral zone is now and have that half (unlikely as that is right by the cottage)
Of course, that depends on Fulham rediscovering 26,000 plus home fans on a regular basis!
Even in the Europa Cup final season, and in promotion season 2017-18 quoted as averaging 19,896, home support was rarely over 20,000.
It's possible of course, but I think they will have to be a top-flight team again.
I remember the neutral zone being pretty much that, with support neither one way nor the other.
I know, I've been professionally following them for 26 years!

Of course, that depends on Fulham rediscovering 26,000 plus home fans on a regular basis!
Even in the Europa Cup final season, and in promotion season 2017-18 quoted as averaging 19,896, home support was rarely over 20,000.
It's possible of course, but I think they will have to be a top-flight team again.
I remember the neutral zone being pretty much that, with support neither one way nor the other.
I know, I've been professionally following them for 26 years!
I know what you mean, I have followed them since George Best signed as my dad is a Manc and he used to take me.

Was a joy to work for them, great place to work. They will always struggle to fill the stadium, on someways i think the new stand is to accolade the FFC fans and use the Putney end for away, but that will never be admitted. I believe there are plans for the Hammersmith end long term as well.

I was at a Cardiff game once and they took over half the neutral zone, have to say that have some pretty awful fans.

That europa league run was immense, i had some good trips for that lol

I know what you mean, I have followed them since George Best signed as my dad is a Manc and he used to take me.

Was a joy to work for them, great place to work. They will always struggle to fill the stadium, on someways i think the new stand is to accolade the FFC fans and use the Putney end for away, but that will never be admitted. I believe there are plans for the Hammersmith end long term as well.

I was at a Cardiff game once and they took over half the neutral zone, have to say that have some pretty awful fans.

For a few Albion visits there,I was able to easily get tickets for that neutral section—the away seats having sold out within minutes.
The section seemed to filled by (Baggies fans and) foreign tourists-esp Japanese ,Chinese,Skandinavians.

God help the like of Concord, Braintree & Chelmsford if they get lucky and win promotion as we would take over their ground!
Dont worry once we get our new out of town 21,000 seater stadium it will be the same for us in the Championship. After all the new billionaire Saudi prince/Russian criminal/ Italian wide boy/Far East dodgy gambling owners wont mind who turns up.

I really cant wait, it will be so much fun.

Cardiff fans?
Had some poor experiences with them as well.
Millwall get stick, and rightly so, but some Cardiff are not far off Millwall's worst excesses, but for some reason dip under the radar.
The Cardiff v QPR play-off final 2003 at the Millennium Stadium had home journos, one row behind, deliberately tapping fag ash down a female colleague's neck - I kid you not!

Cardiff fans?
Had some poor experiences with them as well.
Millwall get stick, and rightly so, but some Cardiff are not far off Millwall's worst excesses, but for some reason dip under the radar.
The Cardiff v QPR play-off final 2003 at the Millennium Stadium had home journos, one row behind, deliberately tapping fag ash down a female colleague's neck - I kid you not!
I was at the Fulham Cardiff game a couple of seasons back at the Cottage. There was a woman with her 2 kids in the Cardiff end and after Fulham scored (Babel wonder goal), she started giving abuse to a Fulham fan in the riverside stand and the said lets go out the back and settle this, giving it cut throat signs etc was absolutely ridiculous

I visited Wolfsburg for a game versus Bayern Munich a couple of years ago. Had tickets for my son and I in the family stand which was unsegregated. No bother, loads of Bayern supporting families in there

Anyone got their Wealdstone tickets in the post yet? Season arrived this morning but no Wealdstone ticket.

Don't think so, I ordered from the Southend Box office by phone on Fri 20th and paid them 2 quid for delivery rather than collection.
Ah ok, i thought all away tickets in the NL were done by the home team, was something I read on the forum a while back

Back