• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Labour and the General Election

You must apply that argument to all of the major party leaders as they all profess to identify with the struggles of the poor person. Just goes to show that politics for some is a profession rather than a vocation of those that care.

No No No -

Doesnt work like that on Shrimperzone...

Way it works is this:

Tories = super nasty
UKIP = Pure evil
Lib Dems - Useless and stupid
Greens - Mentalists with the exception of Caroline lucas who is roundly agreed to be a good egg.
Labour - Arrogant and untrustworthy especially with other peoples money.
SNP - Scottish and led by a Jimmy Krankie Lookie likey.
Plaid Cymru - Welsh so who cares anyway.

You must apply that argument to all of the major party leaders as they all profess to identify with the struggles of the poor person. Just goes to show that politics for some is a profession rather than a vocation of those that care.

Judging by the way this election has been fought none of them and I do mean none of them, want to engage with the people they proclaim to care for. Every speech, photo call and audience (apart from the last televised debate) has been stage managed and in front of party faithful. It's been a complete farce. And the last couple of days have now been taken up by the likes of LBC asking if so called celebrities giving their backing to a party would sway your vote. It's about as sad as it gets for me. I'll be glad when its all over.

Judging by the way this election has been fought none of them and I do mean none of them, want to engage with the people they proclaim to care for. Every speech, photo call and audience (apart from the last televised debate) has been stage managed and in front of party faithful. It's been a complete farce. And the last couple of days have now been taken up by the likes of LBC asking if so called celebrities giving their backing to a party would sway your vote. It's about as sad as it gets for me. I'll be glad when its all over.

The trouble is it could so skewed post Thursday that we have to dance the dance again before Xmas.

So just for the record what Need was there there to separate, based on gender at Labours rally?

I could perhaps understand if it was ceremonial or a religious festival...it wasn't though.

I take it Miliband has now burned his 'This is what a feminist looks like t-shirt''.
I don't think Ed is tasked with seating arrangements at rallies so he can probably keep his T shirt for now.

Camerons wealth is moot since the whole point is that Ed Miliband is supposed to lead the party that appeals to the poorer classes. How can he identify with the struggles of the poor person when he comes to the table as a multi-millionaire?
Most stupid post on here since someone posted that we shouldn't aim for promotion this season. He isn't female, black, disabled, an Aston Villa fan, a landscape gardener or poor - but he can empathise with all of these types of people and more.
That attitude explains a lot.

Most stupid post on here since someone posted that we shouldn't aim for promotion this season. He isn't female, black, disabled, an Aston Villa fan, a landscape gardener or poor - but he can empathise with all of these types of people and more.
That attitude explains a lot.

Haha. You want to look at the majority of drivel you post on here.

As for the point itself, I'm wrong to believe that a rich man is unable to fully identify with the poor man....right....umm...good one, ***....

you're right, I don't actually identify with a black person as I'm actually not black. I don't a disabled person as I'm not disabled.....can you identify with an alien? (To take it to extremes)

do you actually make any worthwhile points in life? Or are you just here to rob other people of oxygen and knock on peoples doors preaching your god, Ed Milipede?

As for the point itself, I'm wrong to believe that a rich man is unable to fully identify with the poor man....right....umm...good one, ***....

you're right, I don't actually identify with a black person as I'm actually not black. I don't a disabled person as I'm not disabled.....can you identify with an alien? (To take it to extremes)

do you actually make any worthwhile points in life? Or are you just here to rob other people of oxygen and knock on peoples doors preaching your god, Ed Milipede?

That last bit feels as if you have taken your lead from Lynton Crosby. I know, nothing to do with me:smile:

The beauty of this post is I have no need to respond specifically as you have highlighted things in a way I couldn't possibly have hoped to achieve.

The beauty of this post is I have no need to respond specifically as you have highlighted things in a way I couldn't possibly have hoped to achieve.

I can imagine "achievement" being a concept you struggle with.

Why don't you give us some more of your deluded opinions that come out shrouded as factts? Or perhaps you might choose to explain why you think someone with no experience of being a doctor can "identify" (as that is the word I used) with being a doctor?

I see.
Now he does know, what do you think he should do....should he follow his heart and be a feminist or bite the bullet cos it Labour and after all no one else has a Pink bus?
I'm sure he knew nothing about it and possibly still doesn't - the only place I have read about it is here. I would never condone separating the sexes for religious reasons - personally I don't think there should be schools that exclude the opposite sex but somehow most people find that completely acceptable. Right now I think he will be looking at the bigger picture rather than seating arrangements at a meeting.

The pink bus was a PR master stroke - if it had been red no one in the media would have given it any coverage.

He might be onto something else. I just have a gut feeling about it.
1.gif

Back