• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

laptop advice

Yer Blues

Not Always Sarcastic ⭐
right, need a laptop. i have been asked to search for
a really good laptop by a respected brand for a decent price
to be used for work store music etc will be used a lot. i know you lot know your stuff so anyone got any decent sites to look at above and beyond pcworld/ebuyer or know of the deals.

thanks in advance.

bobby

ps i would prefer it if those under 18 didnt clog up this thread with their "wit". x

right, need a laptop. i have been asked to search for to be used for work store music etc will be used a lot. i know you lot know your stuff so anyone got any decent sites to look at above and beyond pcworld/ebuyer or know of the deals.

thanks in advance.

bobby

ps i would prefer it if those under 18 didnt clog up this thread with their "wit". x

Really are pathetic sometimes fella.

Anyway, I personally wouldn't go for the macbook as Apple aren't that good IMO. Dell are pretty good and always reliable..

Could try here: http://stuff.tv/top10/Laptops/

Never had any trouble with acers, neither have the few people I know of who has one.. currys usually have good deals come on now and again, I think I saved over £200 on mine back in august

Never had any trouble with acers, neither have the few people I know of who has one.. currys usually have good deals come on now and again, I think I saved over £200 on mine back in august

I'm sure that's true, but be aware that when I did have a problem with my Acer, the support was a) **** and b) A Complete Rip-Off. IMHO it's not about when it's going right, the important thing is knowing that if it goes wrong you will be well looked after. And Acer don't.

Have you ever tried one?

I would be interested to know what bits you dont like

Yeah the sisters got one.

The main thing is that you can't right click! Why not just split that clicker into 2 so that you can right click. Just complicating things in order to be different. I prefer the simpleness of windows. Although, it may just take some getting used to.

The main thing is that you can't right click! Why not just split that clicker into 2 so that you can right click. Just complicating things in order to be different. I prefer the simpleness of windows. Although, it may just take some getting used to.

You can use a normal mouse and right click with it.

Macbook Pros are very expensive, you can pick up a Dell Studio 17 for half the price with better specs.

You do realise that Apple had a Windows based GUI years before Microsoft even thought about plagiarising one??

So I am not sure how you can make such statements.

And you wonder why Bobby put that line at the bottom of his post.

Please do not be fooled to think that Apple only came into existence recently. It is a shame that the majority of the British public have only heard of them since the creation of the iPod.

You do realise that Apple had a Windows based GUI years before Microsoft even thought about plagiarising one??

So I am not sure how you can make such statements.

And you wonder why Bobby put that line at the bottom of his post.

Please do not be fooled to think that Apple only came into existence recently. It is a shame that the majority of the British public have only heard of them since the creation of the iPod.

Alright fella I didn't know that, no need to be like that was there. Only looking to help..

Just stated I prefer Windows to Mac, leave it at that.

Macbook Pros are very expensive, you can pick up a Dell Studio 17 for half the price with better specs.

However to judge a Computer should not be based on specs but benchmarks.

When buying a computer you should make sure that you get the best performance for your buck and that it includes everything you need from it.

If you are into music or graphics I would say that Mac is your best bet, if you are planning on gaming then a high spec PC, if you just want to surf or read email then a Netbook is all you need, if you want to really understand Computers and programming then Linux is your answer on any Intel based Laptop.

And Apple stole the idea from Xerox, what's your point here?

My point has been backed by the post by Ozzy stating that he was under the impression MS came first with a GUI and thus Apple did the one button mouse just to be different from MS.

I would not say Apple stole the idea as they were invited by Xerox Parc as they had invested in Apple, at the time they saw it as a benefit to get the Engineers from Apple in.

Alright fella I didn't know that, no need to be like that was there. Only looking to help..

Just stated I prefer Windows to Mac, leave it at that.

Ozzy do not be such a girl, unfortunately written text can never convey the emotion with which the text was created.

My Bobby G line was done with my tongue firmly placed in the side of my cheek.
Do not take posts as such personal attacks.

Back