• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
Really enjoyed last nights game, relaxed and enjoyable, but it was a bit of a shock to see Roots Hall so empty, it's a shame more couldn't have turned up.

Having said that it's not so long ago that we were getting gates of 2,500 for league games so it shows, yet again, how far we've come.

One of the reasons it looked so empty was because the whole ground was open, why then isn't the whole ground open for Cheltenham in the LC? Dts and I haven't bought tickets yet as the South is shut, surely it wouldn't hurt to pay a few stewards to open up the South, so that ALL of the 5,000 season ticket holders can sit in their chosen seat if they want to. Surely were owed that in repayment for our continued loyalty.

Well Dts were's it to be East or West?

Finally what about a return friendly in Holland next July/August. A couple of games in 4 or 5 days, and "ShrimperZone International Tours" could be born?

A dutch tour next season has got to be a go-er! Away to Vitesse, PSV and AJAX sounds good to me!:D

Really enjoyed last nights game, relaxed and enjoyable, but it was a bit of a shock to see Roots Hall so empty, it's a shame more couldn't have turned up.

Having said that it's not so long ago that we were getting gates of 2,500 for league games so it shows, yet again, how far we've come.

One of the reasons it looked so empty was because the whole ground was open, why then isn't the whole ground open for Cheltenham in the LC? Dts and I haven't bought tickets yet as the South is shut, surely it wouldn't hurt to pay a few stewards to open up the South, so that ALL of the 5,000 season ticket holders can sit in their chosen seat if they want to. Surely were owed that in repayment for our continued loyalty.

Well Dts were's it to be East or West?

Finally what about a return friendly in Holland next July/August. A couple of games in 4 or 5 days, and "ShrimperZone International Tours" could be born?

East Yellow with myself for complimentary drinks in the groundsman as purchased by myself

The Golden Lion didn't shift much Oranjeboom by the looks of things and the knobs of edam on coctails sticks was wasted.:hilarious: :hilarious:

I still think the club should have a tour of Germany in three years' time, including a match at the Olympic Stadium Berlin against Hertha, marking 100 years since the 1910 tour.

Note to club: 100 years after 1910 will be in 2010, not 2011.

I enjoyed last night as it was a great blast from the very recent past.. Roll up buy a ticket.. sit where you want.. Get a beer easily. Kick off delayed by 15 mins, Get another Beer easily.. Stroll in 2 mins after the 2nd half kick off and get in no ones way.. All that was missing was being able to smoke !!

Yes on the OS it said we had sold 4,800 a couple of weeks ago and they were confident we would break the 5,000 figure, if I remember correctly.

There were times, not just throughout the decades but during Newman's and Wignall's times as managers, where league and cup games had lower attendances. 2,500 for a pre-season work-out on a warm summer evening, when beer gardens and open-air restuarants are at their peak, is pretty good going.

ooh dear

The Golden Lion didn't shift much Oranjeboom by the looks of things and the knobs of edam on coctails sticks was wasted.:hilarious: :hilarious:

ooh dear thats a bit racist isnt it??? crikey alomst as sickining as southend selling tickets to suicide bombers!!! what ever next london fatso, when we have an asian Ref, youll be calling for a goat to be scrificed on the pitch before the game, or popodums and barjis in his changing room? very very upset but your racist rant

lets hope you learn from this

Interesting to note that the commentator was saying that Norwich has sold 20,000 tickets for there match against Vitesse

Interesting to note that the commentator was saying that Norwich has sold 20,000 tickets for there match against Vitesse

That's pretty impressive for a pre-season friendly, usually such attendances would only be seen in pre-season if a really big club comes visiting.

2500 people there & the dozy **** in the ticket office stuck me & my mate behind big post!! What made it worse was I asked him to make sure we weren't stuck behind an obstruction! D!ckhead!!

We moved, before anybody asks!!

Back