• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest ticket sales

Just read through the message board - are people really surprised that we are taking so few people?   We took 20,000 to the Millenium stadium at least 5000 would have been friends of fans or people keen to visit the stadium - basically people who follow the results of Southend but don't lose sleep.  We're looking at a fan base of about 15,000.  

Now take into consideration the amount of familes who support the blues.  Can they afford to spend best part of £400 going to Cardiff again?  Some can, many can't or won't.

Then take into consideration it's a bank holiday, and people had a week's notice about the game.  How many people will be on holiday? How many are visiting relatives?  How many have days out planned?

All these things will decrease the number considerably.  People bend plans if it's a novelty, but the fact is Southend have been there twice in the last year already.  This is why the turnout will be low.  We'll take 10,000.

As somebody who cannot make the final, due to getting married at the weekend (again sorry, didn't get a pass!)  I just hope the people that do go, make enough noise to compensate.  Make us proud boys!

Keep the faith.

I booked our tickets (6) via the website and will be sitting on the halfway line, not behind the goal. Are all the fans who purchased their tickets via the website gonna be there or will we need to spread out ..??

From the sounds of it most people have gone for the halfway line ( me included) this is probably because a lot of people think that the atmosphere will be poor so they may as well go for the best view

[b said:
Quote[/b] (StreakyShrimper @ May 27 2005,14:05)]I booked our tickets (6) via the website and will be sitting on the halfway line, not behind the goal. Are all the fans who purchased their tickets via the website gonna be there or will we need to spread out ..??
Five more for L29 here too, on the halfway line.

Me and six others here also, even though Im an Albion fan

COME ON YOU BLUE BOYS LETS HAMMER THESE NORTHERN $%&*S!!

LEAGUE 1 HERE WE COME!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Langdon Seagull @ May 27 2005,17:45)]Me and six others here also, even though Im an Albion fan
Well done LangdonSeagull, good to have you coming!

according to the commercial manager, brian wheeler, only 5,500 tickets have been sold, who just spoke on sky sports
sad.gif

i hope noone is going on the day without tickets..
apparently they wont be on sale due to policing concerns..
this is what the shop said

I personally think play off finals should be palyed at a smaller ground possibly somewhere like Highbury where you are more than likely to pack the stadium out

does anyone agree?

It would be far too easy for the FA to choose a ground 1/2 way between the two clubs rather than expecting you to travel abroad for the final.

Good luck and enjoy your day
biggrin.gif

wales? wheres that!! only joking its a $%&*ing mission from south east essex

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigO @ May 27 2005,18:22)]It would be far too easy for the FA to choose a ground 1/2 way between the two clubs rather than expecting you to travel abroad for the final.

Good luck and enjoy your day
biggrin.gif
Cheers BigO, nice of you to wish us well..... Have you mined the M4 or something?

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ May 27 2005,18:14)]i hope noone is going on the day without tickets..
No no no! I hope LOADS of people go on the day, make a last minute dash for it - we need them, and they don't want to miss this.

There WILL be tickets on the day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ May 27 2005,18:14)]i hope noone is going on the day without tickets..
Rubbish.  Ron Martin confirmed in tonight's Echo that tickets will be on sale on the day.

It's not too late to join the promotion party.
biggrin.gif

Back