• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest ticket sales

biggrin.gif
I try mate, I try!

But since you returned to that rock you live on, she's been spiraling out of control!

I just can't tame her like you do!

cool.gif

I've gotta say I'm with statski on this one, people should understand that he's not criticising the true supporters who can't make it to Cardiff for whatever reason. Although clearly not financially, I believe we are better off without the "prawn sandwich brigade" who buggered off at 1-0 in the LDV last month. How many of the 18,000 who went actually stayed behind after the game to applaud the team on a nonetheless fantastic achievement - WELL under half. I would much prefer it to be 100% true Blues all sitting together at the Mill Stad making for a fantastic atmosphere.

We've increased our regular fanbase this season theres no doubt about that but not by much, the figures for Cardiff clearly show that.

BEFORE ANYONE SLATES ME FOR THIS POST I TOO AM NOT HAVING A GO IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM AT THOSE BLUES FANS WHO CAN'T MAKE THE TRIP ON SATURDAY FOR WHATEVER REASON, IT IS THE "FAIRWEATHER" FANS WHO REALLY WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE COULDN'T GIVE A TOSS ABOUT THE CLUB THAT I BELIEVE WE CAN LIVE WITHOUT.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ May 26 2005,13:05)]IT IS THE "FAIRWEATHER" FANS WHO REALLY WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE COULDN'T GIVE A TOSS ABOUT THE CLUB THAT I BELIEVE WE CAN LIVE WITHOUT.
I for one would be happy for the club to benefit from their money. We need all the income we can get.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 26 2005,12:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ May 26 2005,13:05)]IT IS THE "FAIRWEATHER" FANS WHO REALLY WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE COULDN'T GIVE A TOSS ABOUT THE CLUB THAT I BELIEVE WE CAN LIVE WITHOUT.
I for one would be happy for the club to benefit from their money. We need all the income we can get.
& support, which we will lack on Saturday !

Gerrard last night said the Liverpool fans gave them that 12th man and they really did, it inspired them. We will lack this on Saturday and when people like Barrett look at the empty sufc stands it maybe a bit of a downer for them.

Come on people get your tickets if poss !

The numbers will be down obviously but the atmosphere won't be much different IMHO as its the regular Blues who generate the atmosphere (hence the atmos being rather flat as all regular Blues weren't all sitting together).

I personally love the south stand, its bigger (pointless now) and has more tiers for our flags
biggrin.gif
BUT i think the north stand would of suited us this time round for atmosphere, we will more than likely have 3 different songs at once going on.

Personally, a couple of seasons ago I would go to almost every match, however, now living in North Wales and having paid to go to the LDV just last month, I simply cannot afford to make yet another trip to Cardiff (about £80 in petrol from here).

As I have only managed to get to 2 matches this year (Lincoln at home and Chester away (would have been at Chester at home as well but they moved it to a Friday)) I guess I must be a fairweather supporter, despite having just two months ago joined SUSCT.

I am sorry to say that the potential attendance of Southend fans is probably more likely to be to do with the scandalous prices being charged than not wanting to go.

UP THE SHRIMPERS!

The money's a fair point. Almost a hundred pounds for two games of football in the middle tier at Cardiff is crazy. Then, of course, you've got to get there.

I know a bloke who went to the LDV , stayed in Cardiff for the weekend spending an absolute fortune, then paid out £305 for his season ticket last week. He has spent over £600 in one month. Can he justify to his non-football supporting wife spending yet another £100+ on one game ? He can't be a true fan ,can he ?
You get some right ****s posting on this board now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ May 26 2005,18:31)]I know a bloke who went to the LDV , stayed in Cardiff for the weekend spending an absolute fortune, then paid out £305 for his season ticket last week. He has spent over £600 in one month. Can he justify to his non-football supporting wife spending yet another £100+ on one game ? He can't be a true fan ,can he ?  
You get some right ****s posting on this board now.
I hope you're not including myself (or statski) in that as we have already stated in our posts that these are NOT the sort of supporters we have a problem with in ANY shape or form.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ May 25 2005,15:56)]Why is it that everytime I look on here, someone is always saying "If your not going to Cardiff, your a fairweather fan"?

I'm not going, does it make me fairweather?......no it bloody well don't.

I've been supporting this club for nearly 20 years, but as time goes on, commitments get in the way.

Oh I'd love to go to Cardiff, but when you have a wife and two kids to support, it does start to get a tad expensive.

Now, if I'd have known last month that we'd be in the play-off final, I, like a lot of other people would have said bollox to the LDV.
DITTO mate , well said we're not all 18 with no other comitments you know boys . I've been going for 35 years BTW.

..............and the weather is fair at the moment which makes it all the more confusing eh?
rock.gif
P.S. two mates of mine have just got back from Istanbul and said quite a few fans took their scarves off at half time threw them to the ground and left the Stadium !!! now do you call them fairweathers or just sad losers !!!

Just got back from the ticket office! They said weve sold 5186!
rock.gif

Atleast everyones going to have a great sing song!
everyone thats going to cardiff bring a plastic alien or a cardboard cut out! I AM, SERIOUSLY!
We have to group all together and lets make some noise for the boyz!
wink.gif

Come on southend, Come on southend!
smile.gif

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 26 2005,20:34)]What time are your official busses leaving guys (and girls)?
06:30 I think. Earlier than last year because of the Bank Holiday traffic.

I think this is a P@ss poor turn out from the Southend fans... I'm gutted to be honest...... Yeah ok I new we wouldn't take 20k as before but I thought we would take at least 12k...

I'm quite pleased we haven't sold many tickets as that means there'll be more people and therefore a better atmosphere when I watch it in the pub!

tounge.gif

Oh - and for those of you without a sense of humour  
tounge.gif
 means i'm joking ok?

Guys,

Looking like its gonna be a low following in circa of 5k , just as long as we group together at the game & sing our hearts out for the lads, the boys will appreciate it even more & do the business on the pitch...!

WE CAN DO THIS !!!!!!

Back