• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest ticket sales

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 25 2005,15:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 25 2005,15:37)]Are you seriously suggesting that (say) my £1 (since I'm going to Cardiff) is worth more than a day-trippers £1?  Is Leeboy's £1 worth more than my £1 because he's got a season-ticket and he's going to Cardiff...?
Well, from what I've heard, 1 pound from Napster is like gold dust, so maybe there is a case to be made by statski after all.

biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

If we dont take at least 15,000 it will be a joke!
this is our 1st ever play off final and other clubs will laugh at us.
All day trippers welcome in my eyes.
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Bugger. I thought sales might be a bit down on the last two trips, but not this low. I really hope we can get up to at least 10,000.

Not that I can moan at anyone who isn't going. I'm not going to be there....

This calls for us fans to promote the event...

Word of mouth is the best form of advertisement so tell everyone you know to get down to Cardiff..

Also you could do what i have done and make a few simple print outs on your computer, saying something simple like, support the blues in Cardiff etc... then put them up in your motor, house windows etc etc, it will all help to spread the word...get printing people!..

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ May 25 2005,19:08)]... you could do what i have done and make a few simple print outs on your computer, saying something simple like, support the blues in Cardiff etc... then put them up in your motor, house windows etc etc,
C********r Shrimper had best not take up your suggestion.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 25 2005,18:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ May 25 2005,19:08)]... you could do what i have done and make a few simple print outs on your computer, saying something simple like, support the blues in Cardiff etc... then put them up in your motor, house windows etc etc,
C********r Shrimper had best not take up your suggestion.

biggrin.gif
You're making the huge assumption that Col U fans can read. Do you need to be able to read to get a tractor licence?

laugh.gif

Picked up 3 tickets from the ground at 6.30 this evening,the total sold was around 4,500 then...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 25 2005,17:40)]If we dont take at least 15,000 it will be a joke!
this is our 1st ever play off final and other clubs will laugh at us.
All day trippers welcome in my eyes.
sad.gif

Wrong - Why did the one-eyed chicken cross the road ? is a joke.

The poor ticket sales are a reflection of a long and expensive season, bank holiday weekend, half term, Sky coverage, two previous disappointments in Cardiff and, to an extent, the scandalous pricing.  

Oh, somewhere along the line it is bound to have been the fault of the Trust, Ron Martin, the Club Shop or Kevin Maher.  
mad.gif

Personally, I think we should all hold Matt the Shrimp responsible.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Fact of the matter is that yeah granted the extra people attending boosts the clubs funds in the short term but what would happen for instance if we went up, all the players then will get a tad more money, we increase the squad size as the transfer window is coming into effect and then we have a stinker of a season and get relegated. The crowds will drop &club will suffer as a result. Thats why i'd rather we run the club off base of 6000 true fans as were not likely to get back into the schite again if things go belly up

UP THE BLUES!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ May 26 2005,09:58)]Fact of the matter is that yeah granted the extra people attending boosts the clubs funds in the short term but what would happen for instance if we went up, all the players then will get a tad more money, we increase the squad size as the transfer window is coming into effect and then we have a stinker of a season and get relegated. The crowds will drop &club will suffer as a result. Thats why i'd rather we run the club off base of 6000 true fans as were not likely to get back into the schite again if things go belly up

UP THE BLUES!!!
Like Hartlepool you mean?

And where do you get the figure of 6,000 and how do you define 'true fans'?

rock.gif

come on lads... lets get a rallying call going! come on!
this is hopefully our last time in the playoffs (wont need them again)
why doesnt everybody get behind the club?
come on southend show your true colours if your a real fan.. COME ON!

fact of the matter is, that people cannot afford and are still sick about how the season collapsed, if we had been 10th and then managed 7th on last day of the season then we would have taken 20,000 but finishing 4th when your top with 3 games to go, is a failure, simple as that if you dont like it then deal with it.

tilson failed to change things around, when it was clear players like wayne gay and kevin mighthavebeen and mark me lower failed on the big occasion and if we dont go up then i
will hold these players responsible, ironically and bearing in mind ron martin is not a football man, and like gefferry bankrupt king if as i expect struggle next season come october tilly and brush could well be out the door

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ May 26 2005,08:58)]Fact of the matter is that yeah granted the extra people attending boosts the clubs funds in the short term but what would happen for instance if we went up, all the players then will get a tad more money, we increase the squad size as the transfer window is coming into effect and then we have a stinker of a season and get relegated. The crowds will drop &club will suffer as a result. Thats why i'd rather we run the club off base of 6000 true fans as were not likely to get back into the schite again if things go belly up

UP THE BLUES!!!
What is this "Drivel" about true fans!!!

You cannot differentiate between fans in this way!

As others have said it has been a long and expensive season and you work out the cost of getting a family of four to the game.

Twice in the space is a bit much for anyone's pockets to bear.

Stop branding people who cannot go as not being "True fan's" whatever that means!

I'm with TITW here as ther are now so many twerps on this board that it just ain't worth the bother anymore!

Up the Blues! (Shrimpers!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 26 2005,09:54)]fact of the matter is, that people cannot afford and are still sick about how the season collapsed, if we had been 10th and then managed 7th on last day of the season then we would have taken 20,000 but finishing 4th when your top with 3 games to go, is a failure, simple as that if you dont like it then deal with it.

tilson failed to change things around, when it was clear players like wayne gay and kevin mighthavebeen and mark me lower failed on the big occasion and if we dont go up then i
will hold these players responsible, ironically and bearing in mind ron martin is not a football man, and like gefferry bankrupt king if as i expect struggle next season come october tilly and brush could well be out the door
Surely this is a complete wined up?

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ May 26 2005,09:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 26 2005,09:54)]fact of the matter is, that people cannot afford and are still sick about how the season collapsed, if we had been 10th and then managed 7th on last day of the season then we would have taken 20,000 but finishing 4th when your top with 3 games to go, is a failure, simple as that if you dont like it then deal with it.

laugh.gif
depends how you spell wined/wind..
wink.gif
lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ May 26 2005,10:56)]
[b said:

laugh.gif
That... or a complete $%&*!

rock.gif

It's got to be a Col ewe fan!

I can't believe my spelling's getting corrected by CSJ!........Got to sort my life out!

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ May 26 2005,10:02)]It's got to be a Col ewe fan!

I can't believe my spelling's getting corrected by CSJ!........Got to sort my life out!

wow.gif
deary me.. what has this world come to!

Back