• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Laurent

Jay_Shrimper

Mummy's Little Soldier
How good was Laurent today?

Whenever Barnard or Dougie is fit, I wanna see him play with one of those.

I thought he looked a class apart today and was a quality piece of business by Tilly.

What you think?

I've been a big fan of Laurent since he scored that winner against Swindon. However today I didnt think he was as great as he has been in previous games. He has a very unpredictable style and this can cause havoc for defenders but it must also been tough at times for teammates not knowing what he's gonna do next.

He was a class above today, shame he couldn't get a goal to top a fine performance.

Desearves all the praise he got...at first i was one of the pessimist who asked themselves what Tilly was thinking signing an unknown frenchmen. Well how wrong i was as i think many others might have been.

Some of his trickery, and how he manages to keep the ball at his feet whilst doing so much with it, is damn impressive if you ask me.

Another superb signing from Tilly. Shouldve had a couple of goals, at times his feet seemed to get stuck, he was almost trying to be TOO skillful. Can turn any defender inside out though and has superb pace too. Would be nice to see him play with Dougie or Barney.

I almost don't believe it. I've seen it myself but for such an unknown to come to us and do so well is quite astonishing. Someone pinch me, please.

didnt think he was that good today, tackled himself a few times but I do love him already allez laurent, allez laurent, allez laurent

I agree with that, but that's probably due to having missed the 3 games. Played well no doubt about that, but not as well as we've seen - a very exciting prospect.

Thought Laurent caused all sorts of problems for the Luton defence today. At times he won balls or made the defence make mistakes when he appeared to be second to the ball. sgould have scored in 2nd half ( was he trying to be too flash..?). in my opinion a player that can only get better as he gets straonger and more experienced, a good find. Tous va bien pour le future.

Made a massive difference. Him and Revell are a fine partnership.

That's what is all about. You could put the best two strikers in the world together and if the partnership did not work, then the combination would be no good.

It is sometimes unlikely pairings which can really work.

Suppose to-day's legend guests are a fair example of that. Moore was not the most talented to say the least but what a partnership with Billy Best.

Revell reminds me a little of Drew with added hold up & bring other players into the game, skills.

Laurant is simply class and capable of scoring from nothing, let alone half chances.

I am a fan of Laurent and I think that he is a great signing for us. Only 22 and he is a reason why Christophe will stay on a perm. I think that Dougie will partner him as Barney keeps on getting injured.

Made a massive difference. Him and Revell are a fine partnership.

Great call. Said it during game today too. Laurent reads the flick ons perfectly. For me they are the best partnership I have seen this season. Against Leeds they were astonishing as a twosome

Back