• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mattitouk

Life President
What's your thoughts on Tuesday nights game with Brighton? I heard somewhere that they were tipped for relegation this season by 442 magazine, but I think they looked decent in their win over Forest yesterday.

Also, would you like to see certain first team players rested for the cup games this season (early stages anyway) and give other players such as Ted Smith etc the opportunity to gain more match experience.

I would'nt mind this personally as my priority would be getting a win at Walsall and passing that 50+ point mark as apose to a decent run in the cup (JPT excluded).

Field a strong team unless any have knocks from yesterday. This cup can be a money spinner and a confidence builder.
Team of players still getting used to each other after just one league game, so a chance to build on formation play.
Finally the fans pay good money and should expect to see a strong side. If it is a weak side, then say so, and cut the ticket price.

I'd be inclined to freshen things up a bit. I'd switch Leonard for White, Prosser for Barrett. Worrall for Hurst, Payne for Wordsworth, Hunt for Mooney etc. They are all first team squad players, and there's not a lot between them.

Agree with above and reckon we will see a couple of changes, I reckon Payne will definitely start. Think Ted will start in goal too.

Didnt Phil Brown mention that he wants to give Ted more game time this season in an echo interview last week? when he was talking about the Bentley transfer bids. Unless that was just a smokescreen.

Either which way, a tough draw for us I think for the 1st round. But if we can spring a surprise, I hope we get a big club away in the next round for revenue reasons.

When PB was on Sky earlier watching the Arsenal game v West Ham he said that Hunt would be playing in the cup game on Tues. I got the impression he meant he'd be starting.

Interesting points raised in posts number 1 to 3.

We can "rest" players from Saturday and still have a very good team .......... in fact many would say the bench had a number of players that should have been in the starting XI.

I would agree with fielding the strongest team we can ......... and giving players a chance to gel together.

I have said in the Fleetwood Match Report thread that I don't think the team was balanced ....... certainly not in the overall mix of midfield and up top ........... so this gives another opportunity for Brown and certain players to show what they can produce.

All in all, it should be very interesting ............ but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Brown put out a completely different XI to that anyone on here would predict. :unsure: :omg: :stunned:

Anyone else had trouble getting their season ticket seat for Tuesday match as I just looked on the ticket office website and said my seat was unavailable, I thought we had until 5pm tomorrow to buy?!!

Anyone else had trouble getting their season ticket seat for Tuesday match as I just looked on the ticket office website and said my seat was unavailable, I thought we had until 5pm tomorrow to buy?!!
I think 5pm tomorrow was just the deadline for us to get the reduced prices.

My seat is 60 and the system offered me the next best which was 72 at £10!! Might pop in tomorrow to sort out!

True Rattus... I agree with you that the team are'nt balanced just yet, and we are only into a single game of the season, but surely PB would rather mix it up some more with a different cup team and rather risk a possible early cup exit more than a dodgy line up in the league that will cost us 3 points next saturday.

That's be honest, Brighton wont be easy by no stretch, but I would like him to make a few changes to the starting line-up and see how we get on. If we win, obviously it will be bloody fantastic !!... if we lose.., well surely he has gained some knowledge from the other sub players in the squad that he might previously have had 2nd opinions about. Perhaps put some out on loan, and bring others in. Who knows?

Could be winnable but a tough fixture at the same time, if they put out a weakened team then I don't see why we couldn't match them. A cup run would be nice but consolidation in the league has got to be the priority.

Ted Smith,
White, Bolger, Prosser, Coker,
Hurst, Timlin, Deegan, Weston,
Payne,
Pigott.

Get Hunt a good 30 minutes or so, give opportunities to those who missed out at the weekend. Really does emphasize the need for some more defenders.

I don't think at this stage any players should need resting and i think Brown will go with the strongest line up possible althought i would put Ted in for Bentley because as we all know Bentley is on his way out whether it be this summer, January or next year and Ted needs to get some first team experience.

Ted
White Bolger Barrett Coker
Worrall Leonard Wordsworth Weston
Mooney Pigott

Bench: Bentley, Prosser, Atkinson, Hurst, Timlin, Payne, Hunt.

Ted
White Bolger Barrett Coker
Worrall Leonard Wordsworth Weston
Mooney Pigott

I'd put Timlin in for Weston ............... and we need to play Wordsworth if Saturday was anything to go by - when he is in the game, we are quite capable of switching play, neat passing and moving onto the attack.

Could imagine Tims was probable p**ed off yesterday .Not only didn't start but was an unused sub .Who would have thought that after Phil brown said he is one of our main men Strange how thing change
:omg:

Could imagine Tims was probable p**ed off yesterday .Not only didn't start but was an unused sub .Who would have thought that after Phil brown said he is one of our main men Strange how thing change
:omg:

It's worth reading the PB interview in the Echo thread. All of last season's heroics are now in the past, hence Hurst starting.

Difficult game based on their performance against Nottingham Forest, but not unachievable. They have quality in their side, but I think its a good test at this stage of the season.

Will be our first game proper,full strength team for me please,Albion will make changes so we have a great chance to progress.

Back