• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Still 6th after tonight and gained more ground on Rochdale and Oxford.

Millwall just one game in hand now! :thumbsup:

I do get what you mean , but as Rochdale earned a point , they in fact gained ground on us ........

I do get what you mean , but as Rochdale earned a point , they in fact gained ground on us ........

Yeah but still dropped 2 points too and will still be 3 behind if they win game in hand.:thumbsup:

As 'shrimperpeter' says, above, I see it as 2 points dropped, as they were at home, but I can see both sides of the argument.

Likewise, it could be argued that Oxford haven't lost any ground on us, but they effectively have, by not taking advantage of their game in hand.

With Millwall still to play Scunny at home - therefore dropped points are certain.
Scunny have tough next three.
Bradford City h
Millwall a
Bolton Wanderers h

Could win all three or lose all three.

To the wire ...perhaps!

Scunthorpe v Bradford is on Sky Sports 1 on Sunday 12.30 kick off - don't forget the clocks go forward

Wonder if they are considering showing our match with Bolton, live.

Wonder if they are considering showing our match with Bolton, live.

Wouldn't have thought so. They're obliged to give a certain amount of notice now I believe (5 weeks?).

As a general rule, the only time L1 or L2 fixtures are live on Sky are during international weeks or the play-offs.

[VINE][/VINE]
Wouldn't have thought so. They're obliged to give a certain amount of notice now I believe (5 weeks?).

As a general rule, the only time L1 or L2 fixtures are live on Sky are during international weeks or the play-offs.

Don't think so. Plymouth v Portsmouth is on Sky on Good Friday along with Sheffield United v Bradford on Bank holiday Monday. The same weekend, there are four Championship games & four Premier League games on Sky, plus one on BT.

"Inniss in, Inniss out, change the team about!

Then use the OK Coker and we'll turn it round!

That's what it's all about!"

PB's thought process, there, at half-time last Saturday! :winking:

Last edited:
"Inniss in, Inniss out, change the team about!

Then use the OK Coker and we'll turn it round!

That's what it's all about!"

PB's thought process, there, at half-time last Saturday! :winking:

Excellent !
But you do need to get out more .................................... no , seriously , you do............

I think us and Millwall can make the top 6 and Scunthorpe to drop out. They are in horrendous form with 1 win in 11 and their next three are against Bradford, Millwall & Bolton. Not the time of the season to have a blip!

We need Milwall & Scunthorpe to draw, Milwall to lose against Sheff Utd & Scunthorpe to lose another in the next 3 followed by mixed results for both to the end. 13 points may do it, 15 to be sure. It's in our own hands and on paper we have the easiest run in with 7/8 against teams in the lower half of the table. Given that, if we don't it's a massive failure.

So, what do we want today, ideally?

Tough call.

A Bradford win, probably. Meaning a point behind Scunny and a game in hand, after this afternoon.

Last edited:
Back