• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oxford v Fleetwood tonight a nice 3-0 home win would bring down Fleetwood's goal difference to the same as ours. Bolton at Scunthorpe on Saturday, Oxford at Bradford on Good Friday with Millwall at Fleetwood and Bradford at Sheffield United on Easter Monday, Oxford at Millwall on 22nd all four play off positions are still up for grabs. Oxford still have a big to part to play in it .

An Oxford win will put them 4 points behind us, they also have an interesting run in, with Bradford and Millwall to play - they will have a impact on who is in the POs, and a slim chance themselves.

Coventry holding Sheff Utd!

As floval & Jay said, If Oxford win, they would be in 8th, just 2 places and 4 points behind us.
I think finishing 4th is our most realistic option. Especially if Fleetwood can keep up their winning ways by beating Millwall, it should consolidate our play off hopes.

Sheff Utd winning 1-0, Coventry are all but buried now & Sheffield all but promoted now also.

I actually hope Sheffield United win the title. A far better side than Bolton. Can't believe the bloke last night who thought Bolton were a better side than Sheffield United! I have to assume he was joking.

That's Oxford out of the race now.

Slowly chalking them off! :thumbsup:

I still think it was better for us if Oxford won. It would still have been hard for them to catch us, and more chance of us finishing above Fleetwood. Plus Oxford have Bradford and Millwall games coming up. We didn't want them to go into them games half hearted.

Lets be honest, We are 13 points behind Bolton, with 15 maximum points possible. So no real chance of the Auto's.

I would imagine Sheff Utd would finish the season with 92+ points, Bolton with 86+ points, & Fleetwood with about 80 odd points.

So, basically, it's play off's it is for us then!.... If hopefully, we can do our business!

Just take a look at all the other fixtures that can do us a favour in our promotion push, if those results go our way....

Bolton V Scunthorpe
Millwall V Fleetwood
Millwall V Oxford
Bradford V Oxford (a draw)
Sheff Utd V Bradford
Rochdale V Bradford
Peterborough V Fleetwood
Peterborough V Bristol Rovers (a draw)
Bolton V Peterborough

Of course this is all about maybe's.. But we could well could well be on our way to the Championship!

... however, without repeating 70's earlier comments,... if Oxford won tonight, they could well be still sniffing around our precious 6th place spot like a ferret up a drain pipe, & breathing down our neck. Basically an Oxford loss tonight was our gain! in terms of staying in the hunt.

Basically, let's just realistically concede 3rd place to Fleetwood, & aim for a easy 4th place finish on the back of Fleetwood's victories against our nearest lower rivals, that would do us a massive favour in the run in without other teams in 7th place breathing down our necks.

Once we get into the play off''s, every game is a final (yes its a bit of a "cliche" but I believe!) & i'm confident & hopeful that we will end up with another play off final victory at Wembley.

UTB

:loyalsupporter:

Last edited:
Turn it round another way. Take 76 points as a marker. Sheff Utd and Bolton are up. So there's four play off places.

Ignoring goal difference everyone has 5 to play.
Fleetwood need 4 more points - 1 win and 1 draw or 4 draws so will make it.
Bradford need 7 more - 2 wins and 1 draw or 1 win and 4 draws - so are nearly there
Scunthorpe need 9 more- 3 wins or 2 wins and 3 draws
Millwall and ourselves need 10 more - 3 wins and 1 draw
Rochdale need 5 wins
Bristol Rovers with 5 wins can only get to 75 so are probably out of it

Rochdale v Bradford on the last day is the only match between those 5 going for 3 places

All the above is easily possible and we could still miss out. 4 wins should make it certain. 2 defeats and we've probably had it.
After Saturday and every match day the target could change.

I still think it was better for us if Oxford won. It would still have been hard for them to catch us, and more chance of us finishing above Fleetwood. Plus Oxford have Bradford and Millwall games coming up. We didn't want them to go into them games half hearted.

I would have been happier with a draw. Oxford still have Bradford & Millwall to play before the season is out. I would rather them go into these games with something to play for rather than nothing. If someone above us goes on a bad run then we need the teams below us to feel that they still have a chance.

We still have to do our bit. But it would help if others providing us with some assistance by taking points of those above us.

I would have been happier with a draw. Oxford still have Bradford & Millwall to play before the season is out. I would rather them go into these games with something to play for rather than nothing. If someone above us goes on a bad run then we need the teams below us to feel that they still have a chance.

We still have to do our bit. But it would help if others providing us with some assistance by taking points of those above us.

I don't agree with this bit, all the rest is basically what I said.
By Fleetwood winning they are now almost certain for a top 6 finish. The bookies agree and they are now 66 to 1 on (1/66)to finish top 6. Sheff U and Bolton will definitely be top 2 as you know. What you are left with is 7 clubs fighting for 3 places, rather than 4 places if Oxford had beat Fleetwood.

It would of course be possible for us to win all our remaining matches and still fail to make the playoffs if Millwall win all theirs and overtake our goal difference (and those above us gain enough points to remain above us). Highly unlikely, but our lost point on Tuesday evening could be vital.........

Aside from us I need Bury, Newport to be relegated and Bolton promoted from their leagues for $$$$$. Squeaky bum time!

Back