• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

League Record since promotion 2005/06

CyrilSneer

Winger
There is bound to be more of the recent calls for the exit of Tilly after this latest reverse at home (currently 24th in the form table),and when you examine his record since we were league 1 champions, they may have a point.

League Matches since Bristol City home (may 2006)

Pld 118
Won 40
Drawn 29
lost 49
For 148
Against 177

Win % of 33

This doesn't look pretty, as is no small part due to awful away record over the past 3 seasons

Managers with better win records have lost their jobs this season, and although it pains me to say it, I feel its time for a change.

Last edited:
No, it doesn't look pretty but every time people say it's time for a change, I try and think of other managers who could do a better job and would come to us. I can't think of any off the top of my head, especially in our current bottom half of league 1 position so for the moment, I'm sticking with Tilly & Brush.

No, it doesn't look pretty but every time people say it's time for a change, I try and think of other managers who could do a better job and would come to us. I can't think of any off the top of my head, especially in our current bottom half of league 1 position so for the moment, I'm sticking with Tilly & Brush.

Its not our job to think of new managers, thats the chairmans call. 10 league one managers have been dismissed this season. Some of them, Col U, Walsall, Hartlepool and Carlisle, who were below us when they sacked their managers, are now above us.

Its not our job to think of new managers, thats the chairmans call. 10 league one managers have been dismissed this season. Some of them, Col U, Walsall, Hartlepool and Carlisle, who were below us when they sacked their managers, are now above us.

Fair enough but be careful what you wish for.

well the chairan is not going to sack Tilly, so its up to us to tell them how we fill, but if we dont sort things out now we going to be back in League 2 with no fans again and no good managers to come in and players just wantting to leave!!!
ALAN PARDEW IS OUR MAN!!!!!

well the chairan is not going to sack Tilly, so its up to us to tell them how we fill, but if we dont sort things out now we going to be back in League 2 with no fans again and no good managers to come in and players just wantting to leave!!!

I increasingly get the feeling that whilst Ron Martin could be ruthless, I cannot ever see him sacking Tilly, which is (unfortunately) a shame, because we need a new face with fresh ideas to get us out this potentially catastrophic quagmire we find outselves in. To not be able to break down a 10-man Yeovil team who were no better than a Conference South side is outrageous and wholly down to tactical naivety. Our management team look utterly lost at present and with the upcoming fixtures, our season could well be defined in the next month.

As for Alan Pardew...no thanks....look at what he did to a half decent Charlton team.

Conversley, I feel keeping him would also get us relegated

If we sacked him now we probably wouldnt get anymore players in this window (which we desperatly need) unless Ron had a new manager lined up already (which he wont).

Tilson has been through this with us before. we survived then!

Is there a better manager that would come to Southend ? probably not!

1. Hes a scummer.

2. IF he actually wanted to join us he would **** off at the first sign of interest from a CCC Club.

Great. 10 days after Chelsea, and we're back to sacking Tilson.
well winder why when we got good players, but tilly cant get the best out of them and Dougie Freedman going round as if his the manager.
lets face it if we go down tilly will go and Dougie Freedman will try and become manager, do we really want that???
I will give him one more game, but i dont think his the man for our club any more and i think time is running out to save our club!!!

Great. 10 days after Chelsea, and we're back to sacking Tilson.

Whilst I have never advocated the removal of Steve Tilson, primarily because I do not believe the current state of affairs is entirely his making, I think anyone who thought the Chelsea experience would mask the problems in the league was living in cloud cuckoo land to be honest.

The Chelsea game(s), while a wonderful experience, have little consequence to the league, and what has been going on. Tilly and the team took the plaudits for a monumental effort at Stamford Bridge, but that's one game, and in the scheme of things, means nothing - remember how little importancr the Manchester United game had at the end of the season in The Championship.

There are many injuries just now.
There are a fair few youngsters in the squad.
Confidence is very low....league form not cup.
Is money an issue?
Are we able to attract any decent players?
Is the time now to get rid of a manager whilst all this is happening? Will it destroy any hopes of staying up or would another manager change it for the better?
Would we attract a better manager to a club with all the problems above?

Tilson has been through this with us before. we survived then!

ok
This time last year we were 8th and we got into the play offs
This time two years ago we were 23rd and we ended up going down
this time three years ago we were 2nd we went on to win the League but Eastwood again did alot of the work
This time four years ago we were 4th and we went on to win the play offs but Eastwood did alot of the work
and finaly five years ago we were 23rd and we end up 17th

lets face it, if he didnt sign Eastwood he be long gone

ok
This time last year we were 8th and we got into the play offs
This time two years ago we were 23rd and we ended up going down
this time three years ago we were 2nd we went on to win the League but Eastwood again did alot of the work
This time four years ago we were 4th and we went on to win the play offs but Eastwood did alot of the work
and finaly five years ago we were 23rd and we end up 17th

lets face it, if he didnt sign Eastwood he be long gone

And if my aunty had balls he'd be my uncle. The point is he did sign Eastwood.
I'm sick of people coming up with these arguments - so its all his fault when it goes wrong but he gets no credit when it goes right? something doesn't quite add up there.

And if my aunty had balls he'd be my uncle. The point is he did sign Eastwood.
I'm sick of people coming up with these arguments - so its all his fault when it goes wrong but he gets no credit when it goes right? something doesn't quite add up there.

Agreed, who do these people calling for him to go think we'd get to replace him? It sure as heck wouldn't be anyone with as much passion for the club as Tilly. He's going to be just as gutted as we are at what's happening, but he couldn't forsee the injuries we've had - to be fair, I'm sure we've had suspensions long before now in previous seasons as well!

We have had a poor run of luck, it has to change soon, hopefully that will be with the introduction of some good players on loan or otherwise in this transfer window.

Back