• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Least funny Comedian

Jim Davidson, Bernard Manning, Roy "Chubby****" Brown, Jethro etc.
Harry Hill - just never got it, sorry.
Peter Kaye - phoenix nights was good, don't like his standup though
Ricky Gervais - his standup is good, but don't like the office etc

There are some good female comics at the moment, like Josie Long & Kristen Schaal.
(best comics are Billy Connelly, Eddie Izzard, Bill Hicks, Ross Noble, Frankie Boyle)

Harry Hill - just never got it, sorry.
Peter Kaye - phoenix nights was good, don't like his standup though
Ricky Gervais - his standup is good, but don't like the office etc

There are some good female comics at the moment, like Josie Long & Kristen Schaal.

Jon, I'm as we speak crossing you off my Christmas card list.

Kudos though for Josie Long, like her stuff...

Comedy is highly subjective, as we've already established on the battle of the sitcoms thread. For instance, there was nothing about Bernard Manning I found funny - yet he used to pack out working mens' clubs oop north, so clearly he had an audience.

Lots of people seem not to like Lenny Henry, yet in the late 80s / early 90s he was brilliant - Lenny Live & Unleashed was one of my favourite comedian's films for ages.

Of current comics around at the moment, I don't have much time for Russell Brand or Alan Carr - both get on my t*ts.

As for Lee Evans... I was always disturbed by how much the man sweats when he's on stage; but there's no questioning that he has comic talent.

Matt

Lenny Henry is streets ahead in the unfunny race IMO

But i'm surprised no one has mentioned the talentless and nasty **** (Ken Begley anyone ??) that is Billy Connolly .. the no-mark ****** has had entire threads devoted to him before about his lack of humour AND his prize toolness

i saw her at Jongaleurs and she was really good. shame she is sh*te on TV

agreed though, Harry Hill is a legend!

I think that's true of lots of comedians. A lot of stuff just doesn't work on TV, like live music for example or certain sitcoms. On the radio, That Mitchell & Webb look was great, as were the sketches I saw them do at a comedy night.

Stick some budget behind it though and a laughter track and its somehow bobbins

Along the lines of Gina Yashere, I always thought that Little Miss Jocelyn was incredibly poor when on TV recently.

I mentioned this in a similar thread and was surprised that no one else picked up on it.

I would love to sit in on some of the commisioning meetings at the TV stations, just to see who actually enjoyed that show or thought it was funny.

Along the lines of Gina Yashere, I always thought that Little Miss Jocelyn was incredibly poor when on TV recently.

I mentioned this in a similar thread and was surprised that no one else picked up on it.

I would love to sit in on some of the commisioning meetings at the TV stations, just to see who actually enjoyed that show or thought it was funny.

Everything on BBC Three is generally a sack of ****

Now these guys are funny, especially Frankie Boyle.

Only female stand up I liked/like.....Josie Lawrence, probably because i loved "Who's line is it anyway"

This is funny

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K74sKzgvF8s

regulars.jpg

Generally I don't like Mock the Week that much. Its pretty ok, but never outstanding like HIGNFY can be. I think its the guy in the top right who lets it down for me. But warming to Boyle by the week.

And I saw Russell Howard live the other week. Haven't laughed as hard as that since Ross Noble 4 years ago. Actually had stomach pains the next day.

Nothing like what I expected him to be like, and totally amazing.

Generally I don't like Mock the Week that much. Its pretty ok, but never outstanding like HIGNFY can be. I think its the guy in the top right who lets it down for me. But warming to Boyle by the week.

And I saw Russell Howard live the other week. Haven't laughed as hard as that since Ross Noble 4 years ago. Actually had stomach pains the next day.

Nothing like what I expected him to be like, and totally amazing.

This might warm you to Boyle even more.....prepare to get stomach cramps

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=srJ6Sd_nGrk

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8-fADz8cdgk

Boyle is coming to the Cliffs in November.

Any sellers of tickets out there? Want two, but it's sold out. Was weeks ago apparently.

Cheers.

Billy Connolly.
Lenny Henry is streets ahead in the unfunny race IMO

But i'm surprised no one has mentioned the talentless and nasty **** (Ken Begley anyone ??) that is Billy Connolly .. the no-mark ****** has had entire threads devoted to him before about his lack of humour AND his prize toolness

I hate him. Absolutely hate him.

Do not get the love for him whatsoever.

Back