• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Lee Barnard...

Doesn't sound good for Barney.....the way he has been playing this season, you think he would have missed with his swing of the bottle :winking:

Reading the thread on that forum, I very much doubt why this would happen without someone provoking a reaction first

Confirmed by their local rag. I'm hoping this will turn out to be a Jack Wilshere style incident where he wasn't actually involved in the fight but was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

:thumbdown:

I'm sure a few people have him facebook. Why don't they ask their friend what happened?

silly silly boy if true. im sure theres much more to the story and i cannot see barney doing something like that without something serious happening. if i'm wrong then he deserves what he gets.

at least saints know that he hasn't 'downed tools' for them!!!!1 :hilarious:

Yep if it's true that he's bottled someone, then he could be looking at a spell inside. what an idiot.

From what I've heard he didn't shy away from a scuffle. Silly, silly boy if anything serious comes from this.

There was an almost-hilarious-if-it-wasn't-so-serious article in yesterday's local paper where cage fighting champion Tom Watson gave an EXCLUSIVE interview, saying that he was in the same bar at the time late on Saturday night, celebrating his victory over Jordan's husband Alex Reid, when he got soaked in blood but didn't actually see what happened. A friend of his got taken to hospital with a broken nose and a cut eye.

Barney underwent emergency surgery after suffering a "severe" injury to his hand during the brawl in which a man was bottled and left with head wounds. He wasn't able to speak to police until today because he was getting treatment for his injury. Having spoken to them today, he has again been released on bail by the police and is due to return to a police station on December 10.

The three other men also arrested in the early hours of Sunday morning have also been bailed until December.

Bailed until December according to 606 posters

Didn't I already say that??? :headbang:

Saints boss Nigel Adkins says that Barney is available for selection in their game at home to Tranmere today, although they have just brought in a striker on loan which may ease the pressure on Lee.

20-year-old Nicholas Bignall has come in on loan from Reading for one month. Ironically, however, he is awaiting a December trial for an alleged nightclub attack. He appeared at Reading Crown Court earlier this week and denied a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm from an incident at the Vanilla Bar nightclub in January this year.

Adkins has apparently spoken to his players about the need for them to behave responsibly...

Nigel Adkins has come out and defended his decision to keep Barney in the squad for last Saturday's game, but the photo accompanying this article in today's Southern Daily Echo shows the extent of the strapping he is currently carrying on his right hand.

Nigel Adkins has come out and defended his decision to keep Barney in the squad for last Saturday's game, but the photo accompanying this article in today's Southern Daily Echo shows the extent of the strapping he is currently carrying on his right hand.

The article purports to defend why he played him, but does it actually explain why anywhere?

The article purports to defend why he played him, but does it actually explain why anywhere?

Errr, other than to say "I played him because I want to win our games", no it doesn't. In fact when I read the whole article in the actual paper, I did find myself reading it through again to try and find the reason behind the statement in the headline.

This story is still slowly plodding on. Barney answered bail on 10 December and was questioned further by police, and then was re-bailed until 22 December.

Southern Daily Echo

However, he and the three other men arrested at the time were subsequently told they did not have to report to a police station on 22 December, and had their bail extended until 14 January.

Back