• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My sources tell me that Ron's next money making venture is to bring out a new shirt with his face on the front and the writing 'its my club, not yours' written underneath. On the back will be a picture of the new sainsbury's at Roots Hall

My guess is that Ron is well in to his sportswear.

It wouldn't surprise me if he still wore his Lake Placid 1980 tracksuit when he nips out to pick up an Indian takeaway or grab something from Wickes.

First evidence that building on the new stadium is about to get underway.

forgive my slownest but would this shirt look something like this one Millwall had at the weekend then?

Millwall shirt

Not sure if the Southend Legacy shirt is a match shirt or a casual shirt, the details on the Official site are not very clear.

I don't think it will be a match shirt as it would look a bit odd with 4 club crests on it as per the artists impression which looks like it was created on a Sinclair ZX Spectrum!

My sources tell me that Ron's next money making venture is to bring out a new shirt with his face on the front and the writing 'its my club, not yours' written underneath. On the back will be a picture of the new sainsbury's at Roots Hall

Don't worry if (when) they don't get 1000 takers, you can guess who's name will be put in the gaps

From what I understand this will be a shirt worn by the team once, and once only. When I have no idea.

Personally I think it is a great idea, but it isn't something I would get involved in simply because I would rather the club announce when the new stadium will be started, let alone completed before I celebrate the end of Roots Hall.

From what I understand this will be a shirt worn by the team once, and once only. When I have no idea.

Personally I think it is a great idea, but it isn't something I would get involved in simply because I would rather the club announce when the new stadium will be started, let alone completed before I celebrate the end of Roots Hall.

Bang on.

This is exactly why this initiative will have a slow take up, until a construction start date is given and movement is seen at FF.

Anyone parting with at least £100 + VAT at this stage, is mad.

Does someone have any actual proof this will actually be worn by the team? The way I read it made it seem like its just a normal shirt.

I read in the programme today that fans were buying this in droves!!! ha haa haaa as this website advises it has the opinons of the majority of southend fans ect then kets see the facts please post if you have brought into this? so we can count the droves

Following on from Napster's blast from the past gems...

Here is another.

So did anyone actually shell out for one of these?

Have not read through the whole of this old thread, but you can see even back then people were concerned that it would be a year before they had the shirt!!! Now 2 years later and no shirt and lets face it the new ground is still years away thats if it ever gets built. I would imagine Ron has refunded the ten or so people that actually ordered the shirt.

Have not read through the whole of this old thread, but you can see even back then people were concerned that it would be a year before they had the shirt!!! Now 2 years later and no shirt and lets face it the new ground is still years away thats if it ever gets built. I would imagine Ron has refunded the ten or so people that actually ordered the shirt.
ten people eh, was it really that many ? who in their right mind would pay £100 for a shirt that had your name on it, even then you would have had to have special eyesight to see it even, surely people must of had their money back by now tho ? i would be knocking on ron martins front door by now if that was me being mugged off.

ten people eh, was it really that many ? who in their right mind would pay £100 for a shirt that had your name on it, even then you would have had to have special eyesight to see it even, surely people must of had their money back by now tho ? i would be knocking on ron martins front door by now if that was me being mugged off.

Yeah ten poeple does sound a bit too many and Ron wanted 1,000 people to take up the offer.
I think it was £100 plus VAT to register and then another £50 to actually buy the shirt.

Yeah ten poeple does sound a bit too many and Ron wanted 1,000 people to take up the offer.
I think it was £100 plus VAT to register and then another £50 to actually buy the shirt.
sounds like such a bargin eh, NOT, i bet mr martin wasnt gonna cough up his good money to have one of these shirts either eh.

Back