• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Seaside Sailor

Schoolboy
ok so kevin maher looks like he's gone this has been on and off for months he hasn't played for months. other than daryll he has been our longest serving player, great and i thank him for what he has done, but lets be sensible here, i think we have had a pretty average season and with twelve games to go we are 1 point off the play-offs with a game in hand, pretty good position in my book and we have done all this without kevin maher. whatever anyone says about macca and bailey and there bookings they also bring goals which are very important from midfield if you want to get promoted something kev never really brought us. we are looking towards a new dawn at southend if the new stadium is granted and i think this is the perfect time to cut ties with the old southend that we had to endure pre-tilson which maher was a part of. He obviousley isnt wanted at southend anymore lets thank him for what he has done for us by showing up for his testimonial in the summer en mass and move on into a new stadium and era hopefully in the championship and spend some of that lovely lolly that our chairmen has raised off the loyal fans that we are through the share issue on new and younger players.

......spend some of that lovely lolly that our chairmen has raised off the loyal fans that we are, through the share issue, on new and younger players.

hmmm I'm not convinced.
I think its more likely that he'll use it to reduce our overdraft, in order to persuade lenders to lend him a larger pot of money for the new stadium.

Kev is our longest serving player fullstop, not our longest serving player "other than Darryl".

oh dear my little gremlin it appears you have got yourself a little confused

1) Alan Moody 506 Appearances
2) Sandy Anderson 483 Appearances
3) Kevin Maher 454 Appearances

So in my book that makes him our THIRD longest serving player FULLSTOP.

Kev is our longest serving player fullstop, not our longest serving player "other than Darryl".

He meant currently....

Maher may have been 3rd for appearances but Ron Pountney served SUFC from Jan 1975 till July 1985, a period of 10 years 6 months which makes him a longer-serving player than Maher. I think your book is wrong.

I agree, we are looking to the future, hopefully next season a new young Southend side go to Cuckoo Farm Stadium, Colchester and win 4-0!

Not one of whom are Darryl, so why mention him?

Back