• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chalky

Coach
U21s have a game against Leyton Orient today. Luke Prosser is the only senior player in the u21 team! 8 senior players in the Orient side. Also a trialist it looks like for blues, with Jordan Gibbons playing. Who is contracted for Yeovil Town. I believe it is him. Here is the team sheet below, hopefully you can see it.

Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 13.25.26.jpg

*Apologies with regards the team sheet. Hasn't come out well*

Here is the link to the team sheet on the Southend Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153874372203584&set=gm.951082024972259&type=3&theater

Supposedly Orient's manager just sacked was interested in Luke- so maybe Orient also having a look (would probably be a good move for him)

A very decent win. Considering Orient had 8 first team players playing and we had the 1. Well done Lads:thumbsup:

Apparantly Prosser was outstanding and the best player on the pitch. Kept Kevin Lisbie & Antonio German dead quiet.

If I were Prosser , however , i would seriously think about signing for the O's now that the crazy Italian Chairman has installed the 60 year old Franco Colomba as new boss.

My mate who plays for the O's is gutted with whats going on there---- total chaos , thank goodness we have the comparatively stable Ron Martin !!!!!!

Cannot read team sheet,who was our one?anyone know where this was played and what attendance?

Click on the link mate on the first post for team sheet and our senior player was Luke Prosser. I have no idea where it was played.

Just read the report from this game and maher said they used the 5-3-2 system, I really hope mr brown had nothing to do with this as I can't hack us playing this defensive system on a regular basis, hope they don't intend on playing this against Coventry or future home games as we play best when attacking sides.

My mate who plays for the O's is gutted with whats going on there---- total chaos , thank goodness we have the comparatively stable Ron Martin !!!!!!

Same as my Uncle (who is a life long Orient fan). He says the Italian guy has ripped the heart out of the club.

the 60 year old Franco Colomba as new boss

Er....... any problem with being 60? Claudio Ranieri is doing pretty well at 64.

Colomba has managed several Serie A teams in the past so he should know what he's doing.

Not sure of attendance, but know they were charging a fiver to get in......

Blues coach Maher full of praise for under 21 team after win at Orient

SOUTHEND United coach Kevin Maher was full of praise for his under 21 side after they secured a 1-0 win against a strong Leyton Orient side this afternoon.

More...

Back