• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Lincoln City 4-0 Southend United

Don’t be silly....why do that when you can glean all the info you need from twitter or the away fans forum ??

Viney, Whilst I tend to agree with you on the whole, I’ve got to say that after getting spanked 4-0, we probably don’t need to have been there to decipher that it was a ****show.

Only thing of note on the train journey other than the strike induced route change is the sight of one solitary poppy in the sidings at Retford.

Lincoln is a neat looking town (city), full of history but lots of modern housing. A collection of live owls is on display outside of a church, a woman in the high street sports the fullest female facial beard I've ever seen, health visitors strike demonstration in town attended by notable MPs, Steep Hill is extremely steep, people who think the rail crossing alarm is a cue to limbo under the lowering barriers - the sights of Lincoln.

On the route to the ground is Scorer Street. The ground is right next to a canal, its 4 stands look like they were each built in different decades. It's packed and the home fans are noisy.

For 30 minutes we have shape, we are closing down, we are tackling, we are investigating effort. Nice to see.

Same for them to be fair. High tempo, very little time on the ball.

Jack Payne is busy but his pass success rate is pretty ropey.

30 mins in and someone close to me said 'this has got 0-0 written all over it' - 5 seconds later a free kick quite far out and for the first time in the game a Lincoln player breaks free and scores with a looping header. 1-0.

Mantom seemed to hit the post early on and there was a decent effort from Cox 6 mins from halftime, they were pretty much our only chances.

Fairly awful defending with 5 mins to go - Lincoln lose the ball numerous times in and around the area but rather than being cleared it ends up in the bottom left hand corner. 2-0

2 minutes into the second half professional fowl from Shaughnessy (he had no other option really), yellow card and a clinical penalty. 3-0.
About 15 youngsters instantly get up and leave having watched 47 minutes of football.

Blah blah blah 10 mins to go 4-0.

To be honest I think we will come good. We have the personnel and at times we have the effort and the right shape. We need to be more positive in attack, have a bit of luck, and latch onto the confidence as soon as it is there.

644 Southend fans from 9 thousand odd.

They love 'Sweet Caroline' here, played it at the start and end of the match. I'm off to a wedding reception in East London now so I guess I'll be hearing it again.

Got the makings of a Dick Bate or Peter Morris start to the season...Has Bond got a plan B .....Peterborough will show if there are dressing room problems by the players response to today's drubbing

Viney, Whilst I tend to agree with you on the whole, I’ve got to say that after getting spanked 4-0, we probably don’t need to have been there to decipher that it was a ****show.

I listened on the radio...that’s all I could do today much like anyone else....and much like anyone else it’s horrifying to be spanked 4-0....but it’s not the first 4-0 home win in history....

We know we aren’t a top 6 side....we know we escaped relegation on GD and we know we have teenagers in a side that can’t compete with buying players of more experience and class......we also know Lincoln are a decent side, in full swing winning momentum with a settled side and a settled system on and off the field.

All I’m saying is....be realistic....99/100 people are disappointed when their expectations are unrealistic

Interesting that Macca refused to shake KB's hand when he was subbed.

As I understand it he didnt refuse at all.....he came off understandably disappointed, head down and went to the bench....

Just as a reference.....which I bet NO ONE noticed....KB didn’t shake Charlie Kelmans hand Tuesday when he came off on 85 mins 2-1 up having scored both goals!!!!

SOUTHEND United’s torrid start to the League One season continued with a 4-0 defeat at Lincoln City this afternoon.

More...

All 3 teams we’ve played in the League will be in and out of the play offs.

That said, we we crap today. Hutchinson is too lightweight atm, pretty good going forward, defensively poor. Not support for Elvis and his man ghosted past him for 2nd goal.

1st goal, we had Elvis marking Shackell, and Shaughnessy marking nobody. That’s how we conceded that goal.

3rd was all Shaughnessys fault.

4th we were outplayed by a great move, but we were poor defensively.

Nobody impressed me, except maybe JW, solid as ever really

Only thing of note on the train journey other than the strike induced route change is the sight of one solitary poppy in the sidings at Retford.

Lincoln is a neat looking town (city), full of history but lots of modern housing. A collection of live owls is on display outside of a church, a woman in the high street sports the fullest female facial beard I've ever seen, health visitors strike demonstration in town attended by notable MPs, Steep Hill is extremely steep, people who think the rail crossing alarm is a cue to limbo under the lowering barriers - the sights of Lincoln.

On the route to the ground is Scorer Street. The ground is right next to a canal, its 4 stands look like they were each built in different decades. It's packed and the home fans are noisy.

For 30 minutes we have shape, we are closing down, we are tackling, we are investigating effort. Nice to see.

Same for them to be fair. High tempo, very little time on the ball.

Jack Payne is busy but his pass success rate is pretty ropey.

30 mins in and someone close to me said 'this has got 0-0 written all over it' - 5 seconds later a free kick quite far out and for the first time in the game a Lincoln player breaks free and scores with a looping header. 1-0.

Mantom seemed to hit the post early on and there was a decent effort from Cox 6 mins from halftime, they were pretty much our only chances.

Fairly awful defending with 5 mins to go - Lincoln lose the ball numerous times in and around the area but rather than being cleared it ends up in the bottom left hand corner. 2-0

2 minutes into the second half professional fowl from Shaughnessy (he had no other option really), yellow card and a clinical penalty. 3-0.
About 15 youngsters instantly get up and leave having watched 47 minutes of football.

Blah blah blah 10 mins to go 4-0.

To be honest I think we will come good. We have the personnel and at times we have the effort and the right shape. We need to be more positive in attack, have a bit of luck, and latch onto the confidence as soon as it is there.

644 Southend fans from 9 thousand odd.

They love 'Sweet Caroline' here, played it at the start and end of the match
. I'm off to a wedding reception in East London now so I guess I'll be hearing it again.

I loved that air raid warning siren that sounded out every time they took a set piece and sent the ball into our box.Droll.

I listened on the radio...that’s all I could do today much like anyone else....and much like anyone else it’s horrifying to be spanked 4-0....but it’s not the first 4-0 home win in history....

We know we aren’t a top 6 side....we know we escaped relegation on GD and we know we have teenagers in a side that can’t compete with buying players of more experience and class......we also know Lincoln are a decent side, in full swing winning momentum with a settled side and a settled system on and off the field.

All I’m saying is....be realistic....99/100 people are disappointed when their expectations are unrealistic

Agree completely, especially about expectations.

My expectation was us to finish in the lower half of the table, but relatively comfortably above the drop zone. I also told people (non SUFC fans) that I expected us to ship goals for fun this season, but that we’d also score goals for fun. I actually said that it wouldn’t surprise me to see regular scorelines of 3-2, 4-3 in our games.

So far, half of that has expectation has come to fruition. It’s the other half that’s worrying.

I’m hopeful that Bond can address this, and I’m not necessarily calling for his head just yet. But if by the end of this month, we’re still offering up the same results....

Watched the game on I follow

Bishop. 6 concedes 4 but only one I think was saveable. Not bad distribution.

Elvis 5. Not much came off for him. Defensively frail and going forward his crosses didn't trouble anyone

White 6. Pick of the defence, if you can call it that.

Shaughnessy. 4. Looked shaky. Lucky not to be off for a cynical foul that gave away a pen.

Ralph 6. Worked hard. Won headers. Did nothing else.

Milligan 5. Ineffective and must be wondering what he has let himself in for. Very quite vocally for a captain.

Mantom 5. A usual mantom performance.

Hutchinson 5. Good skill but as weak as tea without a tea bag. Not ready just yet.

McLaughlin 1. Needs to be moved on. Complete passenger. Nothing came off and he just gave the ball away. Woeful.

Kelman 5. Worked hard but didn't get a sniff.

Cox 5 as above.

Subs.

Hamilton 6. Looks confident and came on to a very difficult circumstances. Not afraid to shoot.

Ndukwo 5. Hardly got a touch.

Humphrys 4. Looks way off of the pace and doesn't seem right.

Lincoln. Big and organised with jack Payne pulling all of the strings. Highly motivated and workman like. Nothing special, and didn't need to be to dispatch us easily.

Feel sorry for the fans who travelled to watch that shambles.

Bond only has a one year contract and if we lose again against posh with another abject performance I can see Ron pulling the plug.

Back