• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Lincoln City 4-0 Southend United

As I understand it he didnt refuse at all.....he came off understandably disappointed, head down and went to the bench....

Just as a reference.....which I bet NO ONE noticed....KB didn’t shake Charlie Kelmans hand Tuesday when he came off on 85 mins 2-1 up having scored both goals!!!!

He did shake the AM's hand though.

Didn't notice the Tuesday non- handshake.Don't think his sub.featured on the next day's highlights.

Watched the game on I follow

Bishop. 6 concedes 4 but only one I think was saveable. Not bad distribution.

Elvis 5. Not much came off for him. Defensively frail and going forward his crosses didn't trouble anyone

White 6. Pick of the defence, if you can call it that.

Shaughnessy. 4. Looked shaky. Lucky not to be off for a cynical foul that gave away a pen.

Ralph 6. Worked hard. Won headers. Did nothing else.

Milligan 5. Ineffective and must be wondering what he has let himself in for. Very quite vocally for a captain.

Mantom 5. A usual mantom performance.

Hutchinson 5. Good skill but as weak as tea without a tea bag. Not ready just yet.

McLaughlin 1. Needs to be moved on. Complete passenger. Nothing came off and he just gave the ball away. Woeful.

Kelman 5. Worked hard but didn't get a sniff.

Cox 5 as above.

Subs.

Hamilton 6. Looks confident and came on to a very difficult circumstances. Not afraid to shoot.

Ndukwo 5. Hardly got a touch.

Humphrys 4. Looks way off of the pace and doesn't seem right.

Lincoln. Big and organised with jack Payne pulling all of the strings. Highly motivated and workman like. Nothing special, and didn't need to be to dispatch us easily.

Feel sorry for the fans who travelled to watch that shambles.

Bond only has a one year contract and if we lose again against posh with another abject performance I can see Ron pulling the plug.

Nope he has a two year deal

Scroll up.I said we played some pretty stuff until they scored.As you say the pen finished the game.Bond's on now saying pretty much the same thing.We wew crapover 90 mins.

Just listened to Bonds radio interview. He cannot string 2 sentences together , a bit like the teams passing. Just hope that Martin can afford to part company with Bond and we get someone in with desire and man management skills to raise the teams morale. Cannot see this happening before Tuesday, so Bond in the last chance saloon.

Just listened to Bonds radio interview. He cannot string 2 sentences together , a bit like the teams passing. Just hope that Martin can afford to part company with Bond and we get someone in with desire and man management skills to raise the teams morale. Cannot see this happening before Tuesday, so Bond in the last chance saloon.
Do you have a link please?

SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Bond was left ruing his side’s poor defending following Saturday’s 4-0 defeat at Lincoln City.

More...

I loved that air raid warning siren that sounded out every time they took a set piece and sent the ball into our box.Droll.
I didn't really realise what that was.

They have them on Canvey as flood warnings. I worked in a factory there once when they had a test and all the old ladies who worked there who had live through the Blitz suddenly went ashen faced.

?? I’m waiting for someone to say they did go and to give an account of where it was bad and why.....not got any time for rhetoric

Well why not wait then rather than having a dig at people. You’ll still have the same length to wait.

Huh? What the ?

This shows....what!? Pm me if you want to explain anything the last thing this forum needs tonight is this

OK, here goes.

Not much positive to report. They're all decent players but they're not playing a system or tactics they're happy with. You can see that. My spy was talking to a couple of players and they backed that up. The dressing room is list and if theyre to be expected to plsy like this all seadon we are in for a long, long winter.

The game. We are powder puff, offered nothing going forward and play at a pedestrian pace.

The first goal was well worked by Lincoln and finished with a towering header. But it's from a dead ball so we should be hand long that. God knows what happened with the second, it was bit like the third last week. No one took control.

Changes at HT. Good. But then it's a penalty and three. They played with us like a cat does a small bird that's fallen out of a nest. Fourth came at the end. Had a chance for a fifth after that.

Really hard to find positives here....

OK, here goes.

Not much positive to report. They're all decent players but they're not playing a system or tactics they're happy with. You can see that. My spy was talking to a couple of players and they backed that up. The dressing room is list and if theyre to be expected to plsy like this all seadon we are in for a long, long winter.

The game. We are powder puff, offered nothing going forward and play at a pedestrian pace.

The first goal was well worked by Lincoln and finished with a towering header. But it's from a dead ball so we should be hand long that. God knows what happened with the second, it was bit like the third last week. No one took control.

Changes at HT. Good. But then it's a penalty and three. They played with us like a cat does a small bird that's fallen out of a nest. Fourth came at the end. Had a chance for a fifth after that.

Really hard to find positives here....
it has to be said as it is. You can't polish a T**d!

Not great but these things happen. Some good signings and a much stronger squad. I am not bovverred, very confident we will pick up in the near future, I expect mid table by Xmas, no need to panic and keep pressing the Bond out button

Wow. I thought Hutchinson did ok, but looks like he’d fare far better in a central role. Apart from that, the less said the better.
We have a massive squad now, and with the players we have at our disposal we should be giving a better account than we did today. A good manager would get more out of these players or start shipping them out. Bond needs to act, or Ron will soon be acting on Bond - and that won’t be cheap.

Back