• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He said yesterday thankfully nothing broken, thats a bit if a disappointment then.

Now Dicko's out maybe Mohsni could make a return? Personally I wouldn't want him back if Dicko wasn't injured, but sadly Dicko is...:unsure:

I cant claim to be one of Dicko's greatest fans, even though I cant question his decent strike rate - still, upset for him. Looked bad when he went down, and I got that sinking feeling when he was stretchered off. Looked even worse when I saw the highlights, so not surprised he has broken his ankle. Not a good end to his season. Hope the op goes well and he recovers quickly.

I echo these sentiments, no fan either and although I'm not sure 6 league goals in open play is that great a strike rate. Looking at what was on offer last night in his absence then he will be a miss and I wish him well in his recovery. I think we miss Corr and Mohsni more and it doesn't look as if we will see them again so the striking situation is a worry.

In all honesty doubt we could afford another loanee. Annoying when you think Crawford, Asante, Pato, Blair, Flood, Corr- thats 6 strikers not even making the matchday squad last night for one reason or another. Surely their wages couldve paid for one or two better additions. If we come undone this season it will because weve gone for quantity and not quality in the transfer market.

I'm afraid I dont reckon we have much chance of getting Lambert unfortunately!
Yes, Barney has been injured most of the season, just on way back to fitness though.

His court case is coming up soon though is it not?

Apparently, one of the Barnet forums are linking us and Crawley with a move for McLeod.

Very bad news. He can be frustrating at times but he's been our best striker this season and we needed him for the run-in. I imagine Sampson's loan might be extended again now but he looked like a boy against 2 big men last night. Also, who will take penalties now? We still have a few options, though. With Sawyer back in the side, Hall up front alongside Harris is definitely an option or could it be time for Sturrock to come in from the cold? And we've not really seen anything of Flood yet. Wish Liam all the best but it's certainly not the end of our promotion campaign.

I echo these sentiments, no fan either and although I'm not sure 6 league goals in open play is that great a strike rate. Looking at what was on offer last night in his absence then he will be a miss and I wish him well in his recovery. I think we miss Corr and Mohsni more and it doesn't look as if we will see them again so the striking situation is a worry.

I was being generous with the strike rate... didnt want to run the risk of upsetting the 'Dicko is a mini-god' squad by totally dissing the poor fella! He is, after all, a shrimper. Agree the striking situation is an issue - but wouldnt be so much of a worry if we keep the ball on the deck, get the ball to Harris's feet and stop the ridiculous hoofball!

Dont think we will see Mohsni again, Corr is out for a while still apparently. I'd be tempted to mix things up a bit, get Blair back in the side as a target man - he has enough intelligence to work well with Harris, get Martin starting regularly and utilise Saywer better. We have enough talent in the squad, we just need to get the belief and confidence back - which should be on the up after last night!!

Never been a massive fan but McLeod might not be a bad bet on a season long loan actually.

McLeod would be exactly what we need. Whether we could afford him though....

Ryan Hall up front could be interesting, if we want to keep scoring with the players we have we'll have to adapt our style to a more passing game, Benyon could work well with Harris I think but it could be a gamble.

The problem with Hall up front is you lose his crossing ability, I feel we still need that between now and the end of the season.
I doubt Mcleod will happen. If the story about Crawley is true then Barnet upped their asking price by some margin so I doubt he is within our budget. Lets not face we have 9 strikers contracted to the club in some shape or form. Ridiculous. The best thing we could is try and get rid of Crawford, Asante, Pato, Blair and send back Sampson and try and get in a bit more experience if possible and someone with some pace.

Back